Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 08:22 AM

Re: Assisted Dying

I will have no problem terminating my life when the time is right, my decision. But i would not expect another to aid in that event.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I will have no problem terminating my life when the time is right, my decision. But i would not expect another to aid in that event.
That is admiral Nom but some of us will either need help or will have to kill ourselves too soon as a debilitating disability will when we are finally ready to go stop us doing it ourselves.

For that reason I think assisted suicide is the best idea for some of us.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 11:51 AM

Having sat with people who are dying I know that most often that person is at peace and accepts whats happening.
Its those around them that worry panick and stress.

Given the proper training I wouldnt mind being an end of life assitent.
If I could ease the suffering of one person it would be worth while.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Having sat with people who are dying I know that most often that person is at peace and accepts whats happening.
Its those around them that worry panick and stress.

Given the proper training I wouldnt mind being an end of life assitent.
If I could ease the suffering of one person it would be worth while.
Good post, Cass.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:05 PM

I am pro assisted dying. And I know how to put myself to sleep should I reach that stage. But what if I had a stroke?

I have not seen prolonged pain in anyone-my late with died of `metastatic carcinoma` but she never suffered--well if she did only for seconds. There was a tumour on her aorta so the PM said-it ruptered and that was that

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top