Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 06:53 AM

Re: Pavement cyclists!

The worst thing the powers that be have done here is to create cycle tracks on footpaths.

1. It reduces the area available for pedestrians - people with prams, wheelchairs or mobility buggies have no chance.

2. Because some footpaths now have cycle tracks on them the cyclists seem to think that gives them licence to cycle on all footpaths.

3. Reporting them to the police is futile as, unless you know the cyclist personally, they cannot be identified.

I appreciate that not all cyclists behave badly just as I also appreciate that not all pedestrians are perfect. A little courtesy and responsibility on both sides would be good!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 07:37 AM

Big stick through the spokes helps adjust their viewpoint.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Big stick through the spokes helps adjust their viewpoint.

Hmmmm...as that Irish comedian used to say...'It's a good answer but it's not right!'
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 10:03 AM

Just walked up to the shops and back - and noticed another thing about the cycle tracks on the pavement. They are on the inside ! How silly is that? Pedestrians are trapped on a narrow strip between cyclists and motorists, and the cyclists have to battle nettles, brambles and overgrown Hawthorn hedges. Totally illogical - come back Spock all is forgiven!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2015, 10:10 AM

Busy making some Caltrops
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

24-05-2015, 08:34 PM

I had to Google that one, Nom, they look savage !
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 08:57 PM

Around here it's on the spot £50 fine cycling on the pavement , but it doesn't stop then doing it , better option take their push bilke off them and scrap it if they ride on the pavement , they soon get the hint , breaking the law you get punish
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2015, 11:19 PM

On a return journey from Hereford to South Wales yesterday I saw the worst behaviour of pack cyclists I've ever seen. They were riding along side by side talking to each other and wouldn't move over for vehicles to overtake. On a narrow road it was no fun being stuck in a convoy behind them for miles.

I'm quite ashamed of what I wished on them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top