Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 09:57 AM

Re: Honesty

Originally Posted by Honey ->
true, to be a good liar you'd need a good memory
Yes that is why I have never been a liar it is so much easier to tell the truth. That and living with a man who has no filter and total honesty makes me feel guilty if I ever attempt a lie.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What if Honesty meant you could not get Life Assurance, or cost you financially?.
But it would cost you anyway if based on lies - would it be invalidated?

A little white lie spoken is one thing but a deliberate lie on any legal document could come back to haunt the person concerned.

I hate lies anyway so honesty is the best policy as far as I'm concerned.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 02:33 PM

I'm more honest nowadays as my memory fails me, and i get confused a lot...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 02:51 PM

I don't like dishonesty, so I can say I'm very honest, although I would tell a wee white lie not to hurt someone's feelings. Some people seem honest, but are very sleekit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 03:03 PM

Back in 2002, we had cause to renew a life policy attached to an Endowment, standard questions, "do you smoke", No, "do you drink" yes, "how much", a bottle of wine of an evening, cover was not renewed, haven't bothered with life assurance since, would have been easier to say No, but in retrospect, it has saved me a few bob over the years.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 03:20 PM

Ah well you didn't want to lie, did you? So you're honest, then. On any policy we take out we tend to put anything they might try to wriggle out from on the questionnaire - no room for manoeuvre from them afterwards, hopefully!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 03:29 PM

If my late OH hadn't been honest enough to tell people he was going to be in hospital for a few days, his business may not have gone down the pan ...
cranberry
Notts, UK

11-02-2015, 03:36 PM

Rachel, there are some occasions where it pays to 'bend' the truth a little bit, perhaps that was one - but it can't have been in his nature to do that.

It's a difficult one at times.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 03:40 PM

I have to have honesty around me. I have lived with dishonesty in my family circle and it has left me bereft. I would rather tell the truth in a gentle way and explain why than lie to save some one anguish as the truth will always out!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Rachel, there are some occasions where it pays to 'bend' the truth a little bit, perhaps that was one - but it can't have been in his nature to do that.

It's a difficult one at times.
Yep ...
My nature is to be honest too but at that time I could see that keeping quiet would have been better.
It heralded a few desperate years for us and my mental health definitely suffered ... got kind of phobic about the mail !!! the threatening letters and brown envelopes gave me many a sleepless night.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top