Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 08:00 PM

Re: Nothing changes

Thanks all-at least I have tried over the years. But yes time to let it go.
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 09:34 PM

Well a greeting from me, from 4000 miles away.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Stephan I agree with the others, let the past go it does no good to dwell too closely on it.
As you have indicated your brother may have his own reasons for his failure to acknowledge your Mothers birthday so I wouldn't think to badly of him.

I am sure your card will have been greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your meal on Sunday

Also, it could just be something as simple as he missed the post, and her card will arrive tomorrow.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 08:36 PM

And a very fine gathering it was. Mum loved it. Stuart and his first wife exchanged `hello` My friend Vee`s and Vee daughter was so confident and chatty(just 13) and with people she had never met before.

Lovely to meet my youngest nephew,his wife and my grandnephews again and of course Virginia(Stuart`s first wife)and her partner John again.

Shame my eldest nephew and his wife could not make it but worries about weather as they live in Edinburgh.

I am wicked-I said to Mimi and Vee just see how often Stuart fondles his beard as my mum says he never stops. He didn`t.

Did he send her a card??-of course not-well at 90 having never got one she shock would have been too much
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 08:54 PM

I'm delighted for you OG that things went off so well and a good time was had by one and all, I have no doubt you were a big hit with them all.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 08:56 PM

OG, some people will never share what goes on in the dark recesses of their minds. Happy birthday to your mum and I hope you've had a nice day x
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

01-02-2015, 10:06 PM

I know that a priority for me is to ring mum tomorrow-after such a lovely day it is not easy to go back to be being alone.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I know that a priority for me is to ring mum tomorrow-after such a lovely day it is not easy to go back to be being alone.
OG, your member name sounds so, well, "old gittish" but you are anything but! So glad you had a lovely day. Yes, it can be difficult coming back down to earth and being alone again. Try and think of the good day you've had and keep the memory with you as long as you can.

I know it all sounds corny, but I hope you had a lamp on when you came home. That was a tip from someone for me, and it does help. Nothing worse than coming home, alone, to a dark house. I used to be in tears before I put the light on! You'll get there. You will.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2015, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I'm glad your Mum had a lovely birthday Stephan and I'm sure she will appreciate your phone call tomorrow after such an enjoyable day
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

01-02-2015, 10:57 PM

Oh bless-but yes it will be mum I`m thinking of after a special day

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top