Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 07:40 AM

Re: Road Rage!

I had an attack of road rage yesterday,my chauffeur took me out yesterday in to the Vale,going down a narrow country lane a 4x4 came speeding towards us making us to go on the grass verge. Whats the point of having a big4x4 if it can not go off road .
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 09:20 AM

I used to slow down every time I was being tailgated. The tailgater never got the message, instead got quite angry with me.
Next time I'll drive to the big smoke I will have a sticker on the back of my car saying 'The closer you you get, the slower I go'. Probably won't make any difference.
Before you ask, no, I wasn't going real slow. Always drive to the speed limit or slightly under.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 09:32 AM

I always have a smirk to myself when someone has overtaken me to get in front, then we both end up at the lights at the same time
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 09:38 AM

Watched so many docus on road traffic - I would not be amongst them, I can see why tempers fray, there is just too much traffic to contend with
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I always have a smirk to myself when someone has overtaken me to get in front, then we both end up at the lights at the same time
*presses the like button*
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 09:55 AM

We have the problem of more and more European registered vehicles on our roads. Add to that people who have possible gained a licence by illegal means (someone taking the test for them), so are not savvy with the Highway Code. (And I suspect there are many who have slipped through the net of investigation.)

Any one of these making a bad decision on the road could get someone's back up.

And well, we just have too many cars! Simple.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 10:11 AM

Why is it necessary for so many young and not so young Mums to drive around in these huge Chelsea Tractors usually only to take little Johnny to school? Most of them never get driven when its actually snowing.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider;569777[B
]Why is it necessary for so many young and not so young Mums to drive around in these huge Chelsea Tractors usually only to take little Johnny to school? [/B]Most of them never get driven when its actually snowing.
Why is it necessary to drive them to school anyway, a group of youngsters could walk surely - as we did !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2014, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Why is it necessary to drive them to school anyway, a group of youngsters could walk surely - as we did !
Because many are dropping children at several schools and then going to work. Gone are the days the entire family go to one school and mum can walk them there.

I think I am quite a calm driver, set off in plenty of time and concentrate on arriving alive and well.

Some people seem in such a rush I often think if they allowed more time for the journey they might be less irate.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-12-2014, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Because many are dropping children at several schools and then going to work. Gone are the days the entire family go to one school and mum can walk them there.

I think I am quite a calm driver, set off in plenty of time and concentrate on arriving alive and well.

Some people seem in such a rush I often think if they allowed more time for the journey they might be less irate.
Good point about the children, must be the case for some ....
Also a good point about the drivers - should allow more time and bet they don't !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top