Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Re: New car...

Originally Posted by mollie ->
A Ford Mondeo Ghia will be an expensive car to run. A new one would cost around £18,000, and an 8 year old one would surely cost at least £8000. Why go for a two litre car though? That's just a gas guzzler and will cost a fortune in tax and insurance, despite its age. I know your mum has bought you the car, but what about the running costs?Macho men don't do small cars - didn't you know that Mollie?
(Well that's what my son tells me - he's got a car like Steve's new one - very nice it is too)
Sorry Mollie no offense intended , but you are incorrect..I did do my homework ..the 2lt diesel is very economical to run 60mph on a run 38 mph in town ..the tax is cheaper than my old 1.4 petrol rover car which was £112 for 6 months the Mondeo is £175 for the year the insurance is about the same £223 fully comp (18 yrs NCB clean license ) ....the car is immaculate condition , low mileage 8 1/2 yrs old and costs less than 3 grand lol my first ever car cost me £300 30 years ago...see pictures of both .....ps my new one is the black one besides mum and dad wouldn't fit in a small 'dinky' toy

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top