Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 06:31 PM

Re: Flies!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I use 'Raid' fly and wasp killer rapid action - and it DOES work!!! - have killed flies in mid air with it and they've dropped at my feet stone dead.
I'll get some tomorrow. I've used two different brands so far and they're totally useless. I daren't open any windows or doors in case more come in. I'm getting paranoid now.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I find opening the window often works they fly out.
Unfortunately another one may fly in.
Failing that a skilfully flicked tea towel
Had a chuckle at this - very often the case! I always use a newspaper to swot 'em, getting to be a dab hand at it now.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 08:02 PM

Try 'Mr Sheen'....That should polish it off!

Malc.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 08:13 PM

Every time I go out the back door flies always seem to come in with me...I've just got one of those mesh screens with the magnets on not had any flies....Yet
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 08:57 PM

You can still get the old fashioned sticky fly paper.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:06 PM

Oh YUK Alan. I remember my Mum having that sticky stuff hanging up and all dead flies on it!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:34 PM

Good thing you don't live in the country (or do,you?). Flies are a fact of life.
They haven't killed us yet & we definitely can't or won't go spraying pesticides around. Is the mist of the spray hitting your kitchen counters? That's far worse than the fly. Anyway, I know they can be a nuisance so good luck to you.

We live with all sorts of critters.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Every time I go out the back door flies always seem to come in with me...I've just got one of those mesh screens with the magnets on not had any flies....Yet
Just wait till your Velcro becomes suspect.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:43 PM

They drive me mad when I'm trying to work in the shed, and you are right Eccles the new breed seem to be immune to the old spray stuff, I collared a bluebottle in a corner the other day, I sprayed continously what was left in the can right on top of him, he was smothered in the stuff, then when I looked again his little legs were still wriggling in the air, I would have been better off throwing the tin at him in the first place, one decent hit and he was out of his misery. And as for that bluey purple light thing, that just helps them to see where you are.
I normally wait until one gets near the door then chase it out with an old towel I keep handy, but then when I have to go out again there's always another bastard waiting to come in, just like politicians, I suppose they were put here to annoy us for our sins.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
Try 'Mr Sheen'....That should polish it off!

Malc.
very good Malc.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top