Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 04:07 AM

Re: Call The Midwife

I download the episodes of series three as soon as they are available but I have only seen the first two episodes so far.

The second episode was SO sad I haven't watched any more (woman gave black baby up for adoption)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I download the episodes of series three as soon as they are available but I have only seen the first two episodes so far.

The second episode was SO sad I haven't watched any more (woman gave black baby up for adoption)
Glad you're enjoying them.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 02:46 AM

Have to say am beginning to agree with what has been said of the doc, he looked decidedly dodgy after reading some of the adoption societies questions. Apropos his smoking, based on the incredibly awkward way he holds his cigs I have a feeling he is not actually a smoker. The other week when he offered his new wife a ciggie and she responded that she always wanted one but he rarely offered, two things struck me, actually three, she had been a nun so when did she start smoking?,what's to stop her buying her own?, and surely as a doctor he should realise that inhaling smoke (never mind the tars and chemicals, the dangers of which were not realised at that time), would be I advisable for someone whose lungs had been damaged by TB?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2014, 10:03 AM

Back then smoking was thought to help asthmatics so perhaps he wouldn't have known that at all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2014, 10:47 PM

Tonight Shelagh asked for a puff of his fag but said she wouldn't buy her own as that would make her a smoker. I still think they are very twee, even little Timothy! I cringe when they're on.

Isn't Jenny Lee (the actress) beautiful? Another good episode tonight and I shall miss it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Tonight Shelagh asked for a puff of his fag but said she wouldn't buy her own as that would make her a smoker. I still think they are very twee, even little Timothy! I cringe when they're on.

Isn't Jenny Lee (the actress) beautiful? Another good episode tonight and I shall miss it.
It was a box of tissues episode tonight wasn't it I shall miss it too..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 06:11 AM

Call the Midwife is coming back for yet another season even though they have exhausted all the books (did they learn nothing from Fawlty Towers?) and without Jessica Raine (??)
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 09:36 AM

I'm glad it's coming back looking forward to seeing some of the stories carrying on and I like the new nurse so looking forward t seeing more of her.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Call the Midwife is coming back for yet another season even though they have exhausted all the books (did they learn nothing from Fawlty Towers?) and without Jessica Raine (??)
Never a good thing, the magic is lost for me when another writer tries to take over a story be it a prequel or sequel .
One example is Wide Sargasso Sea .
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2014, 11:53 AM

I'm enjoying watching "Call the Midwife" over here on BBC Entertainment. I think though it must be the first series.

I worked at a Catholic Mission hospital with nursing nuns who were mostly Austrian or German. They were the most irreverent bunch I've ever come across but great characters .... and some of the stories they'd tell you would make you blush! The five years I worked with them were some of the best of my life.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top