Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 05:38 PM

Re: So, have you missed me?

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Ah Jim!, talk of the devil and he's sure to appear!, how are you ole son?, great to have you back again and I hope you are keeping well all things considered
Oh aye I'm doing well Jem, yourself?

My health is actually on top form - I went to see the doc for a check up a few days ago and he said my blood pressure is just a wee bit higher than normal (rather than through the roof as per usual) and I'm in the best health he's seen me in (he's been my doctor for 5 years).

He actually asked me if I'd given up the cigarettes and I took great delight in telling him I was still smoking 2-3 packs a day. The look on his face!! I knew he was waiting for me to say I'd quit then he could say "I told you so" about the health benefits of giving up.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 06:20 PM

I did wonder what had happened to you recently. I am shocked that 5 months have passed.

It's a bit of a shame when someone is not accounted for because this being a "virtual" experience, we have no way of knowing the reason why a light has gone out.

At out age we tend to suppose the worst scenario.

Good to have you back again & in rude health. I'd like to have seen that doctor's face.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 06:23 PM

"My health is actually on top form"
I'm glad to hear you are in good shape Jim.
That was a good one with the Doc and the smokes.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 06:36 PM

Hecky Thump, & E bah goom. & similar north country expressions

It cant be half past 6 already!. I havent had high tea or my afternoon nap. I missed out on the French Fancy's.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 06:39 PM

Isn't it E By Gum
You should sleep well tonight Robert
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Hecky Thump, & E bah goom. & similar north country expressions

It cant be half past 6 already!. I havent had high tea or my afternoon nap. I missed out on the French Fancy's.
Don't worry Robert, I had enough for both of us. I knew I shouldn't have taken the local shop up on their buy one get one free offer

Damn you Mr Kipling
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Isn't it E By Gum
You should sleep well tonight Robert
Twas my ineffective attempt at typing in the vernacular/phonetically even. cool girl.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

12-07-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Don't worry Robert, I had enough for both of us. I knew I shouldn't have taken the local shop up on their buy one get one free offer

Damn you Mr Kipling
Mr Kipling has a bakery just up the road from me, I may take up this bulk buying wheeze to the top.lol Old Bugger.
Did you know that OB is a term of endearment in Hampshire? Of course you did.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2013, 06:50 PM

Twas my ineffective attempt at typing in the vernacular/phonetically even. cool girl.
Ooooooo - very Shakespearean
Did you have 'Alphabet soup' for tea .....?
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

12-07-2013, 06:55 PM

Mr Kipling has a bakery just up the road from me, I may take up this bulk buying wheeze to the top.lol Old Bugger.
Did you know that OB is a term of endearment in Hampshire? Of course you did.
Don't talk to me about bulk buying - I'm still trying to get through the 500 boxes of Corn Flakes I bought back in 1977 from the cash and carry

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top