Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 01:42 PM

Re: Happy Tuesday Folk

Morning all a cold and frosty one it is too! We are still below zero here, sunny and cloudless sky.

Lots of cleaning jobs to do today before the decorations go up..... can't wait!

Lovely pictures again .... thanks folks!

Thinking of Ania (Orangutan) who has her operation today *hugs*.

Bob (Antibrown) I hope your eyes are improving and you will be back with us soon.

Enjoy your day everyone!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 01:53 PM

Good day folks.

I'm ashamed to say I'm not even dressed yet - still sitting here in my recliner in my robe.

The wife is off to collect her friend from Aberdeen airport from being on holiday to America, I just hope she remembered to buy me the duty free cigarettes I asked her to. If not, all hell will break loose

She'd better come pretty quickly as I'm down to my last pack and not going to pay £7.50 for a pack at the local shop if I can avoid it.

I really wonder how people can afford to smoke these days, it's so bloody expencive.

Stuff the warnings, all the government needs to do is hike the prices up to £10 a pack and I'd bet a lot of people would find the inspiration to quit, or at least make plenty trips abroad

I do have to go out for the papers though, haven't done that yet.

I suppose I'll do it now.

Hope everybody has a good day.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 04:29 PM

we have snow in ontario
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Good morning everyone. Hope you are all well.
Hope the blood test results turn out OK for you Pixie.
The photo of the Moon and Venus. Did you take that
yesterday morning as I took a similar photo myself.
It looked great in the dark.
Have a nice day all.
No I took it this morning at 7.30
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
we have snow in ontario
Indeed, I was speaking to a good friend from London (Ontario) today who said the weather hadn't been too good lately, well, unless you like snow.

It is now dark here in Scotland and below zero according to the wife.

Got a nice brandy on the rocks and going to open a pack of the Camels my wife's friend brought over from America for me. Haven't had one of those for a long time, and I've got a lot of them now! Thank goodness for Duty Free shops.

The wife is sticking a Frey Bentos pie in the oven for tea and boiling up some tatties to go with it. Mmm.

I am not looking forward to tomorrow - why? Well tomorrow is the day my wife has told me I HAVE TO go out to the shed and take in the Christmas decorations and put up all the lights and flashy things on the roof of the house and the guttering. Oh yes, and I've got to haul the Christmas tree and Santa outdoor "statues" out to the front garden and plug them into the outdoor outlet so everybody can be scared sh*tless when they walk past and the Santa booms "ho ho ho".

Not forgetting I have to put the wreath up on the front door as well.

Meanwhile the wife will do all the indoor decorations with the fire burning and the heating turned up, which I will see through the window when I'm freezing my baubles off moving the Santa statue to my wife's ever so descriptive instructions of "a bit more to the left" and "no wait, a little to the right. OK, now rotate it a bit. No, THE OTHER WAY! That's too much, put it back where it was before... OK, leave it there for now".

And people wonder why my hair is receding.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 10:36 PM

Good evening all. Been missing for quite a few weeks due to family issues-felt like I've been living on another planet, but now down to earth and will now have to play catch-up not only on here, but also have to get sorted with Christmas cards etc.etc. Tomorrow will be spent in town, battling with the crowds, which I can't say I'm looking forward to, but these things have to be done!

Today has been spent sorting out mail that I'd received while I've been away, and then went for a lovely walk round the reservoirs-very cold and frosty, but the scenery was lovely-like a winter wonderland.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Good evening all. Been missing for quite a few weeks due to family issues-felt like I've been living on another planet, but now down to earth and will now have to play catch-up not only on here, but also have to get sorted with Christmas cards etc.etc. Tomorrow will be spent in town, battling with the crowds, which I can't say I'm looking forward to, but these things have to be done!

Today has been spent sorting out mail that I'd received while I've been away, and then went for a lovely walk round the reservoirs-very cold and frosty, but the scenery was lovely-like a winter wonderland.
It's good to see you back again, Merz ..... I hope both you and Hattie are well.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's good to see you back again, Merz ..... I hope both you and Hattie are well.
Thank you Mags, its good to be back. I am fine and so is Hatti, stretched out on her bed near radiator-she knows the right place to be on a very cold night!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

11-12-2012, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Thank you Mags, its good to be back. I am fine and so is Hatti, stretched out on her bed near radiator-she knows the right place to be on a very cold night!
It's freezing down here in the SW too, Cassie is also curled up on her fleece under a radiator ...... our pets aren't daft!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2012, 11:24 PM

Great to hear from you Merz, I was wondering where you were, glad you and Hatti are well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top