Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 10:26 AM

Re: Am I a fool to still buy the "Real McCoy"?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I rarely eat chocolate but my Grandson gave me a Smartie the other day and it tasted disgusting , like cheap chocolate.
Likewise with Kitkat when someone gave me a piece. I don't know what they have done to them..
I know what you mean about chocolate Meg, Cadbury's is now just a pale imitation of what it used to be, and as a matter of fact the only decent box of chocolates I've had recently was an ASDA's own brand given to me by one of my daughters, they were delicious...
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2012, 11:14 AM

Marmite, Branston pickle and HP sauce are a must. Also Heinz Tomato Ketchup as the supermarket brands are rubbish. Phone must be Nokia for me. For the rest I buy Sainsburys own brand for most things. As my dear old Mum used to say "If Sainsburys don't sell it we don't have it"
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 04:48 PM

I agree that Cadburys has gone downhill in recent years.

Now you'll think I'm a complete snob but I only buy Lindt chocolate now as all the other brands aren't up to par. Lindt is pure divine however.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
Marmite, Branston pickle and HP sauce are a must. Also Heinz Tomato Ketchup as the supermarket brands are rubbish. Phone must be Nokia for me. For the rest I buy Sainsburys own brand for most things. As my dear old Mum used to say "If Sainsburys don't sell it we don't have it"
Val darlin' - I guess you didn't know, but Marmite, Branston Pickle and HP Sauce are all now owned by Chinese companies.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2012, 04:56 PM

You've ruined my day.

Then again, what isn't Chinese these days? Even the local Chinese Takeaway is owned by a Chinese person - can you believe it?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top