Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 01:09 PM

Re: Decking The Halls.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That really surprises Nom. From previous posts I gathered you were single. Now I don't wish to sound . . . (can't think of the right word), but you are the only man I know, that would dream of bothering. My son certainly doesn't bother. Perhaps I've only met lazy men.

Now I am going to be inundated with men shouting at me.
You obviously missed my post...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 01:13 PM

We usually put our decorations up about 10 days before Christmas. Our tree and decorations are in the loft which neither of us is able to access this year so our SIL will get them down for us .

We have received 5 cards so far so it's beginning to look a bit Christmassy already
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 01:18 PM

I'll need to get some Christmas spirit. I'll maybe buy a small tree. I find it difficult at the moment because of the upheaval in here, with getting gas piped in and heating put in the flats. The place is a bombsite. But I WILL get some Christmas spirit if it kills me
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 02:33 PM

my only Christmas spirit (liqueur) will be Tia Maria

I can't be bothered with decorations/tree these days and Christmas cards just sit in a pile on the sideboard until they can be recycled
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
my only Christmas spirit (liqueur) will be Tia Maria

I can't be bothered with decorations/tree these days and Christmas cards just sit in a pile on the sideboard until they can be recycled
lol mines will probably end up being gin and tonic . I'm the same Myrtle. Sometimes life changes and you can't be bothered any more. You've more to think about.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
lol mines will probably end up being gin and tonic . I'm the same Myrtle. Sometimes life changes and you can't be bothered any more. You've more to think about.
To be honest with all has happened here this year we could well do without Christmas but Grace still believes in father Christmas so we will make the effort, she has been through so much I think she needs it.
But I do understand the lack of Christmas spirit very well.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 03:08 PM

I will put mine up about 10 days before Christmas, always have a tree and also lights and garland around the mantelpiece and a few well chosen bits dotted around. Have outside lights around a shrub in the garden.
Love it!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 03:31 PM

I don't have decorations but will be happy to be 'decking my hall' with carpet
I have been without a carpet in the sitting room for 4 weeks waiting for the new one to arrive and be fitted . Only two more weeks to go
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Two weeks before the day. I dare not go past this date or I get a lecture from my daughter, when she visits, about Christmas cheer
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 04:05 PM

We have put ours up this morning and very festive it all looks.
"Beginning to look a lot like Christmas "

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top