Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:55 PM

Re: Hurricane Party

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sounds good to me my lovely. X
You missed my posts when I was in Bulgaria! I was petrified.
Awww, but you lived to tell the tale
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Awww, but you lived to tell the tale
I did. X
Crazy young girls swimming in the pool during an electrical storm. A large metal flag pole close by. Crazy!!!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I did. X
Crazy young girls swimming in the pool during an electrical storm. A large metal flag pole close by. Crazy!!!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:07 PM

Thanks for the warm (and dry ) wishes.

The place is much as Missy's New Year's get together - the marinara is on the stove (gas, thankfully), and the candles are lit. At 4 PM local, the rain and wind are picking up quite a bit. Only one wavering flicker of the lights and we are already back up and running.

Curled up in tight little balls, the dogs are taking it well, despite the occasional rumble of thunder.

Thirteen years ago, Hurricane Ivan hit destroying about half of the building, ripping up the road, and taking down the bridge that was our only access to the island. At the same time it approached the coast, I was at the hospital with my mother who had been revived from a sudden cardiac death event.

This one is a piece of cake by comparison and downright fun!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	7147  
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Glad everything is ok for you at the moment Surfermom

Being in Ireland, we get the tail end of whatever has hit your east coast, and it can be rather harsh

I think out last big hit was Caroline, bought down power lines all over, caused flooding and killed only two thankfully
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Well Surferbabe you are in my thoughts and prayers. X
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:48 PM

Stay safe SM
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:51 PM

Thinking of you SM, stay safe.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 11:42 PM

Hi

I love the power of Nature, it is awesome.

Guy lives in Taiwan. a cyclone and the locals just go and get beer and cigarettes and hunker down with friends, like Surfermum.

A big storm here and I am out watching the waves hammering the beach.

I love the Monsoon Season when I am abroad, St Elmo's Fire is something to seen.

I love it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Thanks for the warm (and dry ) wishes.

The place is much as Missy's New Year's get together - the marinara is on the stove (gas, thankfully), and the candles are lit. At 4 PM local, the rain and wind are picking up quite a bit. Only one wavering flicker of the lights and we are already back up and running.

Curled up in tight little balls, the dogs are taking it well, despite the occasional rumble of thunder.

Thirteen years ago, Hurricane Ivan hit destroying about half of the building, ripping up the road, and taking down the bridge that was our only access to the island. At the same time it approached the coast, I was at the hospital with my mother who had been revived from a sudden cardiac death event.

This one is a piece of cake by comparison and downright fun!

Hurricanes, even category 1 are no laughing matter darlin'. Even Category 1 storms are capable of killing. I have been through a hurricane at sea, its no laughing matter, when the wave is higher than the bridge believe me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq_8Mvex10Q

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top