Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 12:04 AM

Re: Clock Change

Lol!

Never heard that one before ...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
This is what Peter Hitchens of the Mail on Sunday had to say about the time change and I totally agree...

Once again you will have woken this morning to find that the clocks have been shoved forward by an hour. For me, and for many other early risers, this means weeks of something rather like jet-lag. But what’s it for? Why do we do it? Nobody actually knows. We just do it because we have done it for years. There’s no solid objective evidence that it does any good at all.
Wait a few weeks and the evenings will get lighter all by themselves. Yet we’re told absurdly that it provides more light. It doesn’t.
A Cherokee elder, baffled by the paleface habit of messing around with clocks, once asked: ‘What sort of person thinks that by cutting a foot off one end of a blanket, and then sewing it on to the other end, he gets a longer blanket?’

Just love the analogy OGF - it gave me my laugh of the day !
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:14 AM

It reminds of the days when i used to go over the pub on a Sunday morning for a drink with my mates. On this one occasion, having stood outside for ten minutes, the guv'nor came out and said "Did you know the clocks altered last night?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top