Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Re: Presents.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Yes, we're a strong, united family for which I am very grateful.
It is them that should be grateful, Alan, because you and Sheila obviously have nurtured an environment that makes you strong and united. Well done!
Enjoy your well-earned break.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 02:49 PM

My ideal gift would be tickets to the theatre. If a night's luxury accommodation was to be included it would be even better.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 02:54 PM

Lovely present Alan!
I enjoy a trip to a garden centre with tea and cake!
I would love a day of pampering at a health spa with massages etc.
Don't like to suggest it as it's expensive.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:40 PM

That's a really thoughtful and special gift Alan ... Enjoy
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 07:56 PM

I am not really bothered about presents for my birthday, there is nothing I need,although a trip to the theatre with transport door to door with a friend/s would be nice
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:06 PM

What a lovely thoughtful gift.
If only you could book the weather too!
Fingers crossed it will be just as lovely as the gift.
Enjoy!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:37 PM

I´m not really bothered about presents, but it´s always nice to have a meal out with friends, I still get presents though, usually small silly ones because my friends know small silly things amuse me. I think I´d be somewhat miffed if anyone booked me a break in Bakewell though. Having spent much of my life there, going to school there, my first ever venture into a pub there, meeting my first husband there, and still going there whenever I go to UK, I´d probably spend my break trying to avoid people I didn´t want to see

I´m sure you´ll have a lovely time though Alan, just don´t feed the ducks. The last time I was there notices had appeared along the path by the river saying "don´t feed the ducks". Shame because it was something people went there for and the children loved it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 09:47 PM

We had a holiday there about 3 years ago but that time we stayed in a B&B. It's a lovely part of the country and we particularly like Carsington Water.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top