Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 06:56 PM

Re: After 50+ years of collecting...

Every year I buy more even though I have loads ! I have my Mum's decorations too so have childhood memoies from them
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 07:23 PM

I only have a bout half a dozen decorations and a small 'modern' look tree. Don't tend to put them up though. I did when the children use to visit.

Other than that I am a bit of a hoarder and my loft is usually full. It's was heartbreaking recently when I moved as the house I now live in is literally half the size of my last house.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't have Christmas decorations we always used to go and stay with my family at Christmas for a week so there seemed little point.

Now I stay at home I still don't bother, I hate mess and disruption.
I've never heard of Christmas decorations being described as mess and disruption before Meg.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I've never heard of Christmas decorations being described as mess and disruption before Meg.
They can be, if you have a few beers and fall over the tree then grab the bunting as a last attempt to prevent falling over.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 07:24 AM

I chucked away my tree and decorations when I lost my house. I've no real interest in buying any more. There are some lovely ones in the shops though.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:14 AM

I don't have tree these days, but there are a few treasured bits and pieces that come out each year. Santas mainly. I always buy one new Santa each year - so now there are dozens of them. They appear the week before Christmas and go back to lurking in the loft on New Years day. Other than that I use cards as decorations as I usually receive about 200 of them each year. By the time I have put them all up there is no room for anything else.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 09:29 AM

Will be starting my Christmas decorations anew this year, so looking forward to going out and choosing a new tree and decorations. I still like the traditional green, red and gold, but there are so many pretty ornaments in the shops.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

15-11-2014, 09:45 AM

It has always been my job to put up the decorations and decorate the tree when we had one, my husband and kids always had better things to do!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by BoyRacer ->
I only have a bout half a dozen decorations and a small 'modern' look tree. Don't tend to put them up though. I did when the children use to visit.

Other than that I am a bit of a hoarder and my loft is usually full. It's was heartbreaking recently when I moved as the house I now live in is literally half the size of my last house.
I have a 6ft tree and a big box of decorations which once again I will assemble at the beginning of December. As discussed elsewhere I wasn't sure this year what I was going to do for Christmas but it is resolving itself and it looks like at least a couple of my kids (and grandkids) are staying over Christmas so the tree goes up again.

As for the rest I too was a hoarder to the point that I could hardly move in parts of my house and garage when i retired. I have since made a big effort to declutter initially by chucking everything I had not touched for 5 years. All my 'useful' offcuts of wood for example went straight away slowly I have reduced 'stuff' so my house is quite nice now, every room is liveable and there is nothing that I have not touched for about a year. Progress indeed.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2014, 11:22 AM

I´m a bit of a tree decoration buyer, I´m a sucker for all the glitz and glittery decorations in the shops. Special ones I keep but others I replace, the replaced ones go to Little Pod dog rescue charity.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top