Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 08:35 PM

Re: Do you buy Christmas presents for yourself?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't go to a lot of trouble with the wrapping. I just wrap tissue paper round them so I can't see what it is.

I've already forgotten what one of the necklaces looks like but I know I'm going to love it.
Even though you've forgotten the necklace, don't you feel miffed cos you know what they are. I always like surprises - can't you give them someone to wrap up... then it's a surprise
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Even though you've forgotten the necklace, don't you feel miffed cos you know what they are. I always like surprises - can't you give them someone to wrap up... then it's a surprise
I'd still know what they are even if somebody else wrapped them up!

They're fine wrapped in tissue paper - I've never even peeped, so by Christmas day I might even forget what they are. I've also forgotten the book title so that's something else.

This thread is all about treating yourself.
I get surprise presents from my family but I still like my own little box of self bought presents.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't go to a lot of trouble with the wrapping. I just wrap tissue paper round them so I can't see what it is.

I've already forgotten what one of the necklaces looks like but I know I'm going to love it.

Don't forget to do a label for it Carol, else you won't know who it's from.

Seriously, I don't blame you, why shouldn't you treat yourself, at least you know it will be something you like.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 10:36 PM

Yes, I buy myself Mountain t shirts, no one else would, they'd say I have too many.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't forget to do a label for it Carol, else you won't know who it's from.

Seriously, I don't blame you, why shouldn't you treat yourself, at least you know it will be something you like.
Personally, Mups, I wouldn't have that problem!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 11:02 PM

Which problem, Jazzi? Not knowing who it's from, or not being something you like?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2017, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Which problem, Jazzi? Not knowing who it's from, or not being something you like?
Well as I don't receive many or any presents, depending on where I'll be or at whose house, I should know who the present will be from!

I usually get invited to my niece's, but not sure what will happen this year. Sometimes get a gift from my bezzie mate and his GF, and brother might get me a gift card or a few bottles of the mini wines from Home Bargains. There will be no confusion about who a gift will be from, if you know what I mean!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

05-11-2017, 11:10 PM

I'm much the same Jazzi.
Not expecting many pressies this year at all.

Both parents have gone now, so have 3 of my friends in the last 6 months.
All people I loved and will miss.
Chatterbox
North West, UK
Chatterbox is female 

05-11-2017, 11:36 PM

Yes Carol I do this!

I started a few years ago and I love opening them.

I get anything I see that I like, jewellery, bags, shoes, face cream, nail varnishes, bits n bobs for the house.. all different things really, but I wrap them straight away so I cant remember what they are by Christmas and its a nice surprise!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 12:00 AM

Good - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.

It's good to treat ones self.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top