Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 05:20 PM

Re: What A Palava

If it had been a small amount, I'd have said put it in the black bin, but there was a lot so wasn't sure - outa my hands now - I done me bit
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 06:50 PM

I was told not to put shredded paper in the Recycle bin by a friend so to check this info was correct I rang the council and they said DO NOT put it in the recycle bin as it clogs up all the machinery and to put it in the black bin as it would rot down as soon as it is wet.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2015, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I was told not to put shredded paper in the Recycle bin by a friend so to check this info was correct I rang the council and they said DO NOT put it in the recycle bin as it clogs up all the machinery and to put it in the black bin as it would rot down as soon as it is wet.
Well that's my thinking too Marj
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 12:17 AM

I'm all for recycling but why we can't have joined up thinking across the country beats me. Every Council seems to recycle items in different ways and the do's and don'ts differ from one area to another. Regarding shredded paper - you can compost it, preferably in small layers between other "stuff" and if you know any farmers who overwinter sheep indoors they will use it for bedding - and then it all goes onto into a muck heap and back on the fields eventually.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 12:22 AM

We're allowed to put shredded paper straight into our recycling bin here, not wrapped or anything, just as it is.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2015, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We're allowed to put shredded paper straight into our recycling bin here, not wrapped or anything, just as it is.
Yes I noticed there were a couple of Councils that allowed it
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
I'm all for recycling but why we can't have joined up thinking across the country beats me. Every Council seems to recycle items in different ways and the do's and don'ts differ from one area to another. Regarding shredded paper - you can compost it, preferably in small layers between other "stuff" and if you know any farmers who overwinter sheep indoors they will use it for bedding - and then it all goes onto into a muck heap and back on the fields eventually.
That's a brilliant use of the shredded paper, I am very near to plenty of farms here If I can help keep the sheep warm then I am one happy lass

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top