Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:02 PM

Re: How to stop moaning?

Wow!
You are all fantastic with advice and I love that proverb from alice - thank you, all of you.

Going out for a walk in a little while as my wife say I need to "lighten-up"!!

Julie's spot-on there too because I do love the outdoors an d seeing wildlife as it always makes me feel more alive, even if it raining or freezing cold, as long as I'm dressed for it I'm OK!

"To stay in the moment is peace" - I'll remember that whenever I feel myself starting to "slide". stevmk2
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:02 PM

Most of my friends are good moaners, ive never been comfortable around the happy clappy brigade. However i do understand how depression works, only to well.

Im finding it difficult to get in the mood this year, so much around of late seems to conspire to derail my expectations, the treatment of people is getting worse no one seems to care or have any compassion for those less well off in health, disability, or finances.

You cant help your nature Steve, you seem to care, but we cant alter the behavior of others except by example. I get away to the outdoors as much as i can, have my hobbies, these provide breathing spaces even a temporary escape is worthwhile.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:14 PM

I find most people are bloody idiots. As long as I'm left alone I'm fairly happy .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

You cant help your nature Steve, you seem to care, but we cant alter the behavior of others except by example. I get away to the outdoors as much as i can, have my hobbies, these provide breathing spaces even a temporary escape is worthwhile.
I agree. You can't change your nature, especially if you are a very caring person. You can learn to cope most of the time. I'd also say get out there walking Steve. I joined a walking group and it was a godsend for me. I don't know what I'd have done without it. Blows the cobwebs away and gets the serotonin going
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Nice proverb, alice76.
It can be hard to put the past in its pigeonhole, stevmk2, but perhaps that is what you need to try to do? Maybe CBT could help?
Sorry, forgot to mention this orangutan but CBT has been offered as my friend at Action on Hearing Loss suggested that but I didn't feel that I could do it.

She's a very nice lady and got quite concerned for me and even rang my wife to make sure she was OK too!

Whoever said write positive things down reminded me of a friend from years ago who was always depressed and he did that - write things down I mean.

Might have a go at that because I've done something similar when I have been or felt lonely in the past and it did help a lot, especially the tearing it up bit - you feel like you are getting read of stress! stevmk2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Is there anything in your life which you are unhappy with which is in your power to change? I was unhappy with working as a coal miner so I left and trained to be a teacher, a big improvement in my life.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

24-12-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Is there anything in your life which you are unhappy with which is in your power to change?
Nice thought Alan but No, there's nothing I could do now because I'm profoundly deaf so opportunities are thin on the ground.
I'm extremely lucky to have any kind of a job now. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Most of my friends are good moaners, ive never been comfortable around the happy clappy brigade. However i do understand how depression works, only to well.

Im finding it difficult to get in the mood this year, so much around of late seems to conspire to derail my expectations, the treatment of people is getting worse no one seems to care or have any compassion for those less well off in health, disability, or finances.

I cant stand loud people Nom, but 'happy' people yes, doesn't mean they 'are' happy - its their way of coping
I've noticed you have a good sense of humour, so you're not 'all' grumpy
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 03:41 PM

I like the odd bit of moaning, we all moan about something or other, I think it comes naturally with age but you have to be careful not to overdo it or else you will be left moaning all to yourself with nobody wanting to know you. I like to direct most of my moaning towards politicians I don’t like and our leader and his lackeys take the lions share at the moment, a useless talentless ambitious blockhead. This way my moaning bank is nearly always overdrawn on the political side and there’s never enough moaning left to get me into trouble with my family and friends, it works well for me.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2014, 03:52 PM

We can all have a moan now and again. We're only human. I agree that no one wants to be around moany people all the time. It would bring you down. Also, they can't be that happy.

Steve I doubt very much if you are any more moanier than some of the rest of us. It's just this bloomin run up to Christmas that sets us off. There you go - I'm moaning now lol.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top