Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:15 PM

Re: Lady Luck has pee'd on my parade, once again.

What's happened today Tpin, have you heard from the lady?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 03:31 PM

I was wondering too Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I was wondering too Mups.

Maybe she is just running late? But if she is not bringing the dog after all, I think it very shabby if no one has talked to Tpin and explained the reason.

He could have spent a small fortune on beds/blankets/food/collars & leads/poo bags etc, apart from the excitement and anticipation as well.

If she wasn't happy for any reason she should have said 'No' at the time of the visit, not let someone look forward to having him and then not turn up.

Poor Tpin.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 04:21 PM

No, not a word.

They might have had an enquiry from someone offering similar to me and taken the view that I may have pulled out having 4 days to think it over...which obviously I wouldn't have

Either way, I am annoyed but, I know they had the dog's best interests in mind and whatever they did was for Charlie.

Charlie will be in a good home which has helped another staffy, as I'll be offering a home to another in need.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 04:43 PM

It'll be a terrible disappointment for you Tpin ... you give your heart to the little beasties don't you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It'll be a terrible disappointment for you Tpin ... you give your heart to the little beasties don't you.
I am....as well as angry.

The one consolation is that I know Charlie will be ok and this opens the door for another Staffie to be given a home.

This breed are really suffering at the moment...with all the negative, ill-informed press/media aimed at the dog instead of the scumbag owners.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 06:06 PM

Im beginning to dispair of rehoming schemes and shelters. They seem to muck people about and demand unobtainable standards before allowing anyone a dog. I know there are loads who need rehomeing but is it any wonder people just go out and buy a dog if this is the way good people who are trying to do a good thing get treated..?

Really sorry it fell though with Charlie . Tpin
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 09:59 PM

Tut

Sorry to hear that Tpin.

Crazy, absolutely crazy. I can't understand how these folk don't let people know if they've re-homed a pet elsewhere.
If they are truly animal lovers, they would know people would be feeling over the moon and excited and happy to be re-homing a pet, especially if they have been vetted and approved and all that jazz and found one they really want

What a shit thing to do to people.

Not quite said it right, but you know what I mean.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-10-2017, 10:05 PM

It is not so much that he might be rehomed elsewhere now, it is the fact that they don't have the decency to let you know that is so wrong.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It is not so much that he might be rehomed elsewhere now, it is the fact that they don't have the decency to let you know that is so wrong.
Yes.... that's what I was trying to say too Mups. It's the pits, it really is. I seem to recall Monday's Child had a similar experience too ie being let down.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top