Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 08:20 PM

Re: Oysters

I was in my 60's before I ate my first oyster. My family bought me a fish and seafood cookery course for Christmas one year and oysters were one of the things we got to try. I'll try anything once, so I gave raw oysters a go - and was converted - they are so fresh. It's like eating your most wonderful memories of the sea- mmmmmm! Cooked are OK too!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I was in my 60's before I ate my first oyster. My family bought me a fish and seafood cookery course for Christmas one year and oysters were one of the things we got to try. I'll try anything once, so I gave raw oysters a go - and was converted - they are so fresh. It's like eating your most wonderful memories of the sea- mmmmmm! Cooked are OK too!

It`s never too late
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I cannot remember my first kiss but do remember my first shuck-I got better with practice.

You on the wrong thread OG?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 12:16 AM

I thought this was the oyster thread?-to shuck is to open an oyster and it takes a few tries to get it right.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 12:50 AM

Only ate oysters once; didn't think much of them

I remember a couple of quotes, but I couldn't, as it were, quote you the references

'Twas a brave man that first ate an oyster

Eating oysters is like having angels copulating on your tongue

At one time oysters were an ingredient in Lancashire Hot-pot, as they were so cheap
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->

What a lovely gift, MickB !
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I cannot remember my first kiss but do remember my first shuck-I got better with practice.
Didn't we all, mate !?
That first shuck is often a fairly fumbling affair. Usually pretty quick though.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 09:19 AM

What's a shuck and what's it got to do with kissing an oyster?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a lovely gift, MickB !
It was Tabby - I do most of the cooking in my house but had always been afraid of fish and seafood - too many bones etc. After that course, we now have fish/seafood at least three times a week.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

27-07-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
What's a shuck and what's it got to do with kissing an oyster?
I shuck is where to put in in-feel around and then twist

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top