Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 08:13 PM

Re: Easter's coming!

Ridiculous I think, pancake day comes first!

I would never buy an Easter Egg this early .... I don't expect they will sell many either.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 08:19 PM

I wouldn't buy an easter egg so early, I'd just bypass the aisle, it doesn't really bother me whats on sale, I'd only buy what I want or need anyway.

I have to admit though I'm always delighted when christmas things come in shops early, it has a way of making me cheer up in the cold season.

Hey Mups, I do like Lindor Chocs if you get stuck what to buy me for easter
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 08:20 PM

Think I'll give up choccy bunnies for lent. 😐
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Can't agree with that Tachyon.

Yes chocolate and buns are just that, but it is the intent that is wrong to me.
Easter is April, not December.

Would you celebrate your birthday 4 months before it was due, and still say 'Birthday cake is just birthday cake?'
Any time is a good time for birthday cake. Cake has no "intent" to me. It's just cake.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Mups I agree with your sentiments, but I do always appreciate the galaxy caramel eggs appearing in the aisles. I have no idea why they have to limit them to this time of year but they are so moorish!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:37 PM

Or should that be moreish?! Is it even a real word?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Or should that be moreish?! Is it even a real word?
I believe it's moreish, like lindor chocs mmmmmmmmmmmm
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

02-01-2021, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I believe it's moreish, like lindor chocs mmmmmmmmmmmm
OmG I am so craving choccies now!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
OmG I am so craving choccies now!
You can have the chocolate egg Annie, as long as I can have the smarties out of the middle.....Yum Yum!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What do you think - is it too early to push Easter goodies?
I don't care what they sell, or when they sell it. What I do care about is when they (Tesco) put seasonal goods where my regular goods should be, and leave me wondering where to look for them. I've been getting my shopping delivered for the last few weeks and will probably carry on with it, so what they do in the store won't bother me, and the only eggs on my order will be the conventional sort. And they cause me enough problems (see my eggs thread) without having to worry about chocolate ones as well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top