Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2012, 03:27 AM

Re: Red Lights

You know, when I was learning how to drive from a qualified instructor, which was about 16 years after I learned how to "drive", the one thing that she drove into my head was "never assume"! Never assume that anyone follows the rules of the road and never, ever assume that anyone will actually stop at a red light.

Just one other thing. As a pedestrian many years ago, I was standing at the side of the road and, when the lights turned red I started to walk across, only for an 18-wheeler juggernaut to come crashing through a red light approaching me. Luckily enough at that time I was young enough to leap back, but he definitely came through a red light, otherwise I would not have started to cross the road.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Re: Red Lights

Glad I do not drive

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top