Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 11:19 AM

Re: Twitter backlash against against celebs...

Well they are just as entitled as anyone else to an opinion, hope they all vote, no vote no opinion I always think.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I haven't seen anything about this backlash in the newspapers. Is it only on Twitter?
A number of the outlets are covering it.

It's the comments sections where you get the depth of the feeling. Some of them leave me slack jawed with disbelief.

The press have to tread quite lightly in a many cases but often times what they really wanted to say has been said by someone else in the comments...

The Mail yesterday ... https://tinyurl.com/z9jk6lq

These days when I see an article like that, I go straight to comments. I can't help but feel they are doing themselves long term damage, whether that pans out remains to be seen.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Silbee, Thank You, for the link! I have just looked at the list and l don't recognise many of those names!
I also go straight to the comments! Most say it like it is!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by jazzi ->
i read that as councils had run out of money the take in was stopped.

I can't stand the emotional blackmail aimed at the govt and the taxpayer. We never asked them to make their way here. France is no threat to them, so they can claim asylum and a safe haven there, if that's all they want.

Celebs and luvvies should wind their necks in and concentrate on their profession, instead of poking their noses in. They don't suffer the fall out of an over populated area, so need to butt out.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 04:31 PM

Thank God people are seeing these loud-mouthed, hypocritical, publicity seeking cretins for what they are. It's gone beyond a joke now and it's about time there was a backlash against these same self-important luvvies who are so up their own a...s they truly believe that the public wants to hear their constant babbling. They should stick to what they know, acting and or singing, and stick their public statements the sun don't shine!

(feel better now, I think I will have a Kit Kat with my cuppa)
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Thank God people are seeing these loud-mouthed, hypocritical, publicity seeking cretins for what they are. It's gone beyond a joke now and it's about time there was a backlash against these same self-important luvvies who are so up their own a...s they truly believe that the public wants to hear their constant babbling. They should stick to what they know, acting and or singing, and stick their public statements the sun don't shine!

This^^

They get on my bloody wick quite frankly.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 05:15 PM

That's calling a spade a spade ...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 05:17 PM

I'm just thinking about this from another viewpoint, how annoyed most if us were not being allowed to even discuss immigration in the labour years, shutting down debate no matter what side you are on isn't good for society, so I'd say let them speak I think.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 05:45 PM

Don't hold back, Shroppie, tell us what you really think!

Blimey that's three in five minutes, must be something in the air on here!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm just thinking about this from another viewpoint, how annoyed most if us were not being allowed to even discuss immigration in the labour years, shutting down debate no matter what side you are on isn't good for society, so I'd say let them speak I think.
We have had this subject before. I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion but what if their opinion was the opposite? What if a well known celeb stood up and said 'We should not take any more refugees?' They would be booed off stage by the luvvies and probably wouldn't work again.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top