Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 10:54 AM

Re: Igor, our Disabled Robin

Sounds like you have a wee bird sanctuary going on there Steve . That's lovely that you're looking after the wee robin. I think you are doing all you can for the wee creature.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 03:18 PM

I wonder if it would be worth placing several dishes of water dotted around if he's frightened of the Starlings in the big bath? Maybe he'd like a dish that's a bit more 'private'.
I think any creatures (including us), feel more vulnerable when we have an injury, or not feeling tickety-boo, so maybe it would help him do you think? Just a thought. Hope he turns up alright.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Well today our next-door neighbours - good friends - have been looking out for little Igor all day and there's been on sign of him.

We now think that the closeness to us yesterday - and he was VERY close - might have been his Goodbye so it's a very sad household here now.

His Nemesis, another Robin has been around a lot, with far more bravado than before so, to us, that's more or less confirmation - our little Igor's gone.

The sparrow with the wing problem has been around with lots of other sparrows fussing around it - she still flies a bit iffy but seems fine and was in our bird bath ten minutes ago. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:14 PM

Oh I think you're right Steve - Igor would have shown today - I am sad
But - maybe it can be a good thing - he may have deteriorated more ........
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh I think you're right Steve - Igor would have shown today - I am sad
But - maybe it can be a good thing - he may have deteriorated more ........
It's funny how these things get to you though isn't it?

It's been about a month - that's all the time we knew that little Robin Patsy, yet I feel the same way I did about losing a much-loved friend.

Can't seem to shake off the feeling I let him down either, daft though that sounds.

A vet would have put him down, I know that.

Every pet we ever had is commemorated by a plant in our garden, as is my wife's sister (Fuchsia) and my Dad, (Skimmia japonica Rubella).

My wife wants to re-do part of the garden soon that has two "commemorative" plants already so she's suggested we get a Ragged Robin, (Lychnis flos-cuculi) so we may well do that soon. stevmk2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2014, 08:14 PM

You're sad because you are a caring and compassionate person Steve. You did your very best for your wee feathered friend. Right up until the end. The robin obviously enjoyed paying you a visit
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 12:11 AM

That is sad Steve, poor little bird. I wonder what was wrong with him?
You did your best and I always think they know that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
It's funny how these things get to you though isn't it?

It's been about a month - that's all the time we knew that little Robin Patsy, yet I feel the same way I did about losing a much-loved friend.

Can't seem to shake off the feeling I let him down either, daft though that sounds.

A vet would have put him down, I know that.

Every pet we ever had is commemorated by a plant in our garden, as is my wife's sister (Fuchsia) and my Dad, (Skimmia japonica Rubella).

My wife wants to re-do part of the garden soon that has two "commemorative" plants already so she's suggested we get a Ragged Robin, (Lychnis flos-cuculi) so we may well do that soon. stevmk2

Such a sweet thought ......
We never forget - always in our hearts aren't they .......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top