Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Re: SUNDAY a day for prayer

Hi all, sorry your weather isn't as lovely as it is here. We're still in the belated and welcome warm spell: nearing 11:15 am and 20℃ (67 F), not a cloud in the sky, and predicted to make 30 ℃ by afternoon. I may go up to the roof deck to enjoy it while it lasts. No news, all's quiet here, no plans but the usual: relaxing, the Sunday papers, crossword and dinner. Long weekend: tomorrow's the Columbus Day holiday.

Bob, I hate even walking in the rain; I could never live in the Pacific Northwest, beautiful as it is. Meg, the gingerbread men sound delicious, haven't had them in years! Marian, haven't seen the geese flying South here yet.

Enjoy the day
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 04:34 PM

You're really having some lovely weather over there Eileen.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
You're really having some lovely weather over there Eileen.
I know! Loving every minute, because it .... won't .......last!!!!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 06:41 PM

Good grief you are as bad as us for rain, think our Autumn has almost gone now and we are getting into Winter, the leaves have fallen thick and fast this year, hope you keep well for the Winter.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Good grief you are as bad as us for rain, think our Autumn has almost gone now and we are getting into Winter, the leaves have fallen thick and fast this year, hope you keep well for the Winter.
That's strange Annie as our leaves have yet to fall and I think we are in the same area I keep waiting for it to happen, also I haven't seen much Autumn colour yet and heard that it was supposed to be a good year for colour, who knows!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
That's strange Annie as our leaves have yet to fall and I think we are in the same area I keep waiting for it to happen, also I haven't seen much Autumn colour yet and heard that it was supposed to be a good year for colour, who knows!!
A lot of leaves have fallen early here mainly due to the drought we have had in this area. There has been very little rain since last March and streams and ponds are dry .
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-10-2011, 09:10 PM

The big maple outside my flat window is beginning to color; none of the rest as far as I can see.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 09:25 PM

We had pretty good weather down here again today, sun was out and no rain. Went rock-pooling and crabbing again at Baiter, which is quite wild and natural, just along from Poole Quay with two of the grandchildren. This pastime is their favourite and to us it's the cheapest, just £1.50 for the bait (squid, yuck). Caught more huge crabs, shrimps and fish than usual, the best for them was a yellow, green and blue sea anemome (sp), so pretty. Can never get a decent photo of the kids because all you get is their backsides in the air while peering into the pools.
marpaul
North Cumbria

09-10-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
A lot of leaves have fallen early here mainly due to the drought we have had in this area. There has been very little rain since last March and streams and ponds are dry .
Meg the reason you've had so little rain is probably because we've had it all up North, this has been the wettest summer since I moved here

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top