Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
socialdancer
Dublin, Ireland
socialdancer is female 

25-07-2016, 03:16 PM

Re: Americans want to move to Ireland

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The trouble is, some people are small minded and think because you're Irish, you are linked to terrorism in some way!
Very true, I had experience of this while living in London during the 1970s bombings.

Uncle Joe, everywhere you mention apart from Dublin is in Northern Ireland. There are many even more beautiful places in the Republic of Ireland
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 05:39 PM

I was born in Ireland and it is such a beautiful country. It's just sad that the minority (the terrorists) have given it a bad name.
The trouble is, some people are small minded and think because you're Irish, you are linked to terrorism in some way!
I sometimes understand how good law abiding Muslims must feel!
My late wife was an Irish Catholic Cork girl I married in the 60s and at times after the IRA started their murderous campaign I worried for her and my child.

UJ might want to sing songs about them but that shows what a sad bag he is.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 05:43 PM

I am of Irish decent myself my maternal great grandmother being Irish . I have the soul of a Celt ( have scots in me too)
And sang all the Irish rebel songs as a child but that doesn't blind me to the evils of the IRA.
Ireland is indeed a beautiful country but it rains too much over there !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am of Irish decent myself my maternal great grandmother being Irish . I have the soul of a Celt ( have scots in me too)
And sang all the Irish rebel songs as a child but that doesn't blind me to the evils of the IRA.
Ireland is indeed a beautiful country but it rains too much over there !
....and so does it rain in Wales, too!
The food is beautiful in Ireland. The men love the Guinness and the Murphy's too !!
You will never get a welcome like it!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 10:21 PM

....and so does it rain in Wales, too!
The food is beautiful in Ireland. The men love the Guinness and the Murphy's too !!
You will never get a welcome like it!!
I liked the Guinness and the Murphy's and the Irish Whiskey.

Amazingly smooth.

So there
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I liked the Guinness and the Murphy's and the Irish Whiskey.

Amazingly smooth.

So there
Rachel, Good for you!!
I hope they sliced the top of your Guiness off with a knfe?!!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2016, 10:36 PM

Rachel, Good for you!!
I hope they sliced the top of your Guiness off with a knfe?!!
Oooo ... can't remember

Only been there once. We started off in the Bantry Bay area (big caravan) and moved around the second week, camping (tent).

Paternal grandmother was from Tallaght (Dublin) and dad was born there.
Paternal grt gran was from Scotland.
The was Irish on mum's side too ... her maternal grt grandfather ... dunno where in Ireland though. Impossible to trace back far.

The End
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

25-07-2016, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes darlin' - Ireland is a beautiful country. Newry, Warren Point, Newcastle, Castle Wellan - all commonly referred to as 'Bandit country'. I've also visited Belfast and Dublin too - both have wonderful pubs where 'folk music' is performed on a regular basis - in Belfast Fibber Magee and in Dublin Gogharty's bar.

I was born in Clonakilty, near the sea, lnchydoney! Anyone, who lives in Ireland will know it, for its beauty.
They will also know Clonakilty for its beautiful black pudding!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by socialdancer ->
Very true, I had experience of this while living in London during the 1970s bombings.

Uncle Joe, everywhere you mention apart from Dublin is in Northern Ireland. There are many even more beautiful places in the Republic of Ireland ;-)

And so it may be, but I haven't seen it so can't comment on it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2016, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
And so it may be, but I haven't seen it so can't comment on it.

That's a first YOU cant comment on it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top