Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:15 PM

Re: Threadbare Jeans

My two youngest daughters are very fashion conscious and they both wear black jeans ripped at the knees with big heeled clompy boot type shoes!!
I'm more bothered that their knees get cold and they end up with Rheumatism but you can't tell them!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My two youngest daughters are very fashion conscious and they both wear black jeans ripped at the knees with big heeled clompy boot type shoes!!
I'm more bothered that their knees get cold and they end up with Rheumatism but you can't tell them!
I doubt the wearing of ripped jeans would cause Rheumatism.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I'd rather see ripped jeans than pristine ones with vertical creases ironed in.

Crikey what era are you thinking of?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I find my jeans fray on the bottoms of the legs, not my bottom. They tend to be a tad too long & the short leg ones too short. I have to keep hitching them up, guess I need to wear a belt more often.
I think the ripped designer jeans look silly.
Why don"t you just make a little hem on them? That"s what I do .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 09:34 PM

If they think it is fashionable young people will wear anything. When I was a teenager I was a go-go dancer and we needed new costumes, so the twins I danced with went out to a fashion store ( I think it was Wallis) and bought us 2 gold and one black polythene dresses and just cut them much shorter for us to dance in. I wore black underwear and the twins wore flesh coloured so under the spotlights they looked ok. One thing I always wondered was how many women actually wore them to go out in, because you could see right through them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If they think it is fashionable young people will wear anything. When I was a teenager I was a go-go dancer and we needed new costumes, so the twins I danced with went out to a fashion store ( I think it was Wallis) and bought us 2 gold and one black polythene dresses and just cut them much shorter for us to dance in. I wore black underwear and the twins wore flesh coloured so under the spotlights they looked ok. One thing I always wondered was how many women actually wore them to go out in, because you could see right through them.
Pictures?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Pictures?
I doubt it........I don't believe her.

only photos would convince me that I'm mistaken.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I doubt it........I don't believe her.

only photos would convince me that I'm mistaken.
Sorry, we were not allowed to have photos taken on stage, and I certainly wouldn't have worn the clothes I danced in anywhere else..... although the Ivy League did once take us to dinner wearing one of our less revealing dance costumes.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Why don"t you just make a little hem on them? That"s what I do .
I am no good at sewing, Apricot, in fact I an useless.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2016, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
They do look terrible, however if I was a young skipper I'm sure I'd be swaggering around in my 'designer' jeans like the rest..........well it is said if you wasn't in fashion you might as well be dead.
Gabi - they've been around since the 80's
Bit old tat now

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top