Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:24 PM

Re: Fraud on your Bank Account

Originally Posted by galty ->
With your list of things I would.

Get cash out of my ATM and pay that way.
I agree, at least for a while and you know you can pay for any petrol you have put in the tank.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:37 PM

I've been back into the bank again they have said that as they are aware of the fraudulent use setting up the Netflix account they won't stop my card yet unless any further suspect use is made. They have said it they do find anything suspicious they will ring me first to confirm it's a purchase I am making, up to 8pm their normal working hours. After that they would just stop the card. I'm going into my branch first thing tomorrow to get cash out just in case.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 03:43 PM

It is certainly worrying when fraud occurs on the new card, so Inwould suspect something is wrong somewhere.

Hope it all works out right in the end.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 04:44 PM

My bank ( DANSKE) is very good with their cards

I cant use the card twice in short succession. Say I got shopping in Tesco, paid for that, then went to the Kiosk to buy cigarettes , card won't work

Also I cant use it contactless in quick succession either

Can be a PITA at the time but its designed to keep my money safe

Online shopping has even tighter security, A payment won't go through until a one time only code, sent via SMS is entered

Online banking is just as secure, every transaction I make, they give me part of a code, I have to enter the rest, I have a code generator for that.

If Im going to use the card for a large purchase ( like a car) I have to ring before, tell them how much and where and they authorise it

MC, before I changed to DANSKE, what I used to do was have a separate card account that I only ever had £50 in at any one time. I used that for online and over the phone shopping
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I check all our bank accounts on-line every day to see that all is in order.
so do I but with all this fraud about it just shows how easy it is for someone to take our hard earned cash. Thieving pigs.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I've been back into the bank again they have said that as they are aware of the fraudulent use setting up the Netflix account they won't stop my card yet unless any further suspect use is made. They have said it they do find anything suspicious they will ring me first to confirm it's a purchase I am making, up to 8pm their normal working hours. After that they would just stop the card. I'm going into my branch first thing tomorrow to get cash out just in case.
the banks are usually pretty good at sussing out fraud and will pay money back to your account that has been used fraudulently.
We had fraudulent use on our card a few years ago, the cheeky beggars had gone to the cinema courtesy of us and it went through, they then went on to try buy something for £600 from a jewellers and it was picked up on by the bank and they contacted us. We got the cinema money back too!
Try not to worry too much.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2018, 08:14 PM

So sorry to hear this,what a terrible thing to happen to you.Your post worried me so I chcked my bank acc.on line and fortunately all is OK.I hope you have got everything sorted
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

12-04-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
With your list of things I would.

Get cash out of my ATM and pay that way.
It's not safe to do that these days Galty, my friend took money out of the cash machine (£30) two weeks ago and she was mugged for the pittance and her bank card right at the cash machine. I'm always frightened these days at cash machines, I think maybe the safest place these days to get cash is by getting cashback at supermarket checkout
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
It's not safe to do that these days Galty, my friend took money out of the cash machine (£30) two weeks ago and she was mugged for the pittance and her bank card right at the cash machine. I'm always frightened these days at cash machines, I think maybe the safest place these days to get cash is by getting cashback at supermarket checkout
Or by using an ATM in a bank or shop.

I would not tend to use my card with another person handling it.

Never use my card to pay for a meal or things like that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 04:44 AM

Hi

I get my cash out at the Local Post Office.

They know me, I know them.

The chance of misusing a card there is minimal.

I got very annoyed with MBNA some years ago.

My Credit Card had been used to order £100s of goods to be delivered to an address in Glasgow.

They stopped it and contacted me, fair enough.

They refused point blank to give me the address the goods where to have been delivered.

I was seriously annoyed,I wanted to find the gits.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top