Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Re: Mobile Phones

I see most people have them for emergency as we get older.
What about the cost of the 3G Iphone? Our pensions are not enough now and £30+ a month will reduce it further wont it?
Will we be complaining when all the public phone boxes are gone?
There was a program called 'The Electric Dream' which had a family relive the electrical generation developements from the 70's to the 80's. In one part the family had to use a public phone and they did not understand how it worked.
Like most things, Use it or Lose it.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
I see most people have them for emergency as we get older.
What about the cost of the 3G Iphone? Our pensions are not enough now and £30+ a month will reduce it further wont it?
Will we be complaining when all the public phone boxes are gone?
There was a program called 'The Electric Dream' which had a family relive the electrical generation developements from the 70's to the 80's. In one part the family had to use a public phone and they did not understand how it worked.
Like most things, Use it or Lose it.
You are right - I may consider whether I keep my iphone when I retire in 5 years but I am still working now. Unless we get a government that will look after pensioners as they deserve, then I will keep it. Maybe all pensioners should get a free phone - would allow them to stay in touch at no cost - and I am sure it wouldn't cost that much to fund.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 10:07 AM

I can't remember the last time I used a public phone box If they've changed that much, I doubt if I could get it right first time!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 11:43 AM

I use mine as my main phone. I text lots too and use it to access the internet when im not at home. I love my phone and all gadgets.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can't remember the last time I used a public phone box If they've changed that much, I doubt if I could get it right first time!
Last time I used one they still had buttons "A" and "B".
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Public phones have almost disappeared here in Washington, they used to be everywhere, now you rarely see one.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Last time I used one they still had buttons "A" and "B".
Me too Nero!
Angel64
New Member!
Scotland
Angel64 is female 

03-05-2010, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I use mine as my main phone. I text lots too and use it to access the internet when im not at home. I love my phone and all gadgets.
I love my mobile to Cassie i love Gadgets like you

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top