Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 07:54 AM

Re: Property programes

I do like watching Escape to the Country, but I think the people just want to be on the TV and not interested in buying anything.

The programme I like is: Under the Hammer.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I do like watching Escape to the Country, but I think the people just want to be on the TV and not interested in buying anything.

The programme I like is: Under the Hammer.
Yes Susie, they've also got too much time on their hands probably!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 08:09 AM

Having practically rebuilt an old house by hand with my ex, we did everything , it went on for years , eventually was as we wanted it , but lived in brick dust and rubble for a long time.

When I see "self builders" who watch it being built while they oversee all the work makes me laugh . Mind you the houses are gorgeous when done.

After years of renovating the old house together just as it was lovely and as we wanted it ........we divorced ! That's life I guess 😀
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 08:38 AM

It never rains on these houses either, the weather is always good ! It always makes us laugh when the presenters say "imagine sitting on this balcony with a glass of wine" (Place in the Sun), they make it sound as if everyone abroad spends their time sitting on balconies drinking wine, haha.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 08:46 AM

My heart bleeds for those poor people who only have £600,000 in cash, but still can't quite find the house they would like....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 09:03 AM

We are often amazed at the prices, we will be looking soon and it won't occur to us to look around thinking we can knock down that wall and move that bathroom. If the walls are there that's where they will stay or it's not the right home for us and we will look elsewhere.

I completely understand wanting land, we are hoping for as big a garden as we can get, no illusions it's hard work but with the world as it is being able to grow our own might be really important in years to come.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 10:50 AM

Or they walk into a kitchen that my flat could fit into and they go....'hmmmm, it's not what I'm after.'

I'd kill for a kitchen bigger than mine, no matter if it didn't suit my taste.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:04 AM

I stopped watching them because I got annoyed that lots of people couldn't see past the wallpaper, no imagination as to what they could do with the place if they did a bit of work, some even comment on the furniture.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Or they walk into a kitchen that my flat could fit into and they go....'hmmmm, it's not what I'm after.'

I'd kill for a kitchen bigger than mine, no matter if it didn't suit my taste.
Indeed we often say what do they want to do in it ? living rooms the size of a football pitch and it's not big enough !
A couple and they want 5 bedrooms and a granny annexe or office

One of the programmes where they build their dream home we have been known to say a house that size at least if they fall out they can divide it in half, or no need to see each other if one is in a bad mood
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:28 AM

My wife just loves these programs but I don’t because as was said you never find out if they buy the place or not at the end, they all come up with some excuse to get out of committing themselves. I love a good mystery story but I would never watch the program called ‘Unsolved Murders’ what’s the point?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top