Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:14 AM

Re: Is this genuine

Sab Miller has an office in the building I work in I know a lot of the staff, if it helps I could ask if they know anything as they are mentioned in the link. I'll pop in tonight if that helps at all ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:16 AM

Mups, Do you remember a couple of months ago, l started a thread about how l had cleared out some of my old papers/correspondence?

Amongst it all, l found my daughter’s post office investment account book from 25 years ago! After contacting NSI, she received a cheque for the money plus interest.

There was another letter from 14 years ago! It was from a company called Capita informing me as the executor of my deceased mother’s estate that there was some outstanding uncashed cheques for her from some shares dividends she had owned over twenty years ago.

I was a bit wary about it but emailed them for more information. I didn’t ring them as they had a premium charge number! They said there was over forty pounds owed to my mother.
I had to then fill in forms of change of address. I then received a letter stating there was £51.73 due to the estate but they would need a cheque for £15 as an admin fee before they could send the £51.73.
In their original letter they said the admin fee would be deducted from the entitlement.
I haven’t done anything about it as l am wary about the money up front bit!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:21 AM

Thanks Art. I was not going to contact them because they were very specific about the name of the person they were looking for, and as I said, it wasn't my middle name although the first and last names were correct.

Julie, I didn't see that name you mentioned in the link?
Thanks for offering, but can't really see what it can do by asking around.
What do you think?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Art. I was not going to contact them because they were very specific about the name of the person they were looking for, and as I said, it wasn't my middle name although the first and last names were correct.

Julie, I didn't see that name you mentioned in the link?
Thanks for offering, but can't really see what it can do by asking around.
What do you think?
They are the bosses of the Sab Miller group so may know what the company has done, can't hurt to ask can it, I'll let you know what they say. Might be a dead end but might help won't know until I ask.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They are the bosses of the Sab Miller group so may know what the company has done, can't hurt to ask can it, I'll let you know what they say. Might be a dead end but might help won't know until I ask.

OK, thanks.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 02:51 PM

Hi

I had some shares left from years ago when a company was taken over.

It cost me £25 , but got the value plus the dividends.

Worth it to avoid the hassle of doing it myself.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-11-2017, 03:09 PM

Julie, I decided to phone them just now.
I told them they had got part of my name wrong and had never knew anyone at the address they were searching about.

They said OK and they agreed it isn't me they want then and will remove my address from their records.

Thanks very much for trying to help anyway though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-11-2017, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Julie, I decided to phone them just now.
I told them they had got part of my name wrong and had never knew anyone at the address they were searching about.

They said OK and they agreed it isn't me they want then and will remove my address from their records.

Thanks very much for trying to help anyway though.
That's ok just glad you got it sorted out mups, things like that worry me I'm sure it did you too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-11-2017, 04:19 PM

That's ok just glad you got it sorted out mups, things like that worry me I'm sure it did you too.

Well yes, it was bothering me a bit TBH, I didn't know if someone was trying to scam me, and I still don't know how they got my address.
I feel better now though, thanks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Oh that was disppointing Mups! I was hoping you'd end up with a bit of a windfall to help with all your recent house renovations, the bits you had to pay for!

Talking of Heir Hunters, even the company featured takes a cut of the inheritance handed over to the beneficiaries. They scour the website for the published wills, intestate (there is a latin phrase, which I forget), look for the ones with the highest amount, to make it worth their while, then look for the living relatives.

Greedy so and sos.

Bona Vacantia. That's the expression. It means 'empty goods'.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top