Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 10:21 AM

Re: favourite decade

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
SIXTIES !!! I wanna go back - anyone got a time machine ......
I'll come with you if we have a button to press to take us back agewise as well as era, don't want to crotchety if we're back in the 60's do we.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 10:40 AM

We want to be just as we were - wouln't change a thing .....
Ah well - have to be content with me 60s music I guess, that 'transports' me back .....
lavander
s. scotland
lavander is female  lavander has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 12:16 PM

oh mups ...yes i remember those sticky out underskirts.....and big wide belts ...pulled as tight as we could get them...to make our waists look smaller....dancing on a Friday and Saturday night...record hops...through the week we were kept amused....i think we had it better than the young ones today
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 12:28 PM

If it had to be a decade that I lived in, yes, it would be the 60's.

BUT... if I could go to any decade & place, I'd go to Berlin in the 30's and visit the 'Kitkat Club' type establishments for the music, the girls, atmosphere, beer etc..

However, I'd want to get out before the politics got nasty.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 12:40 PM

Of course the 60's.. I was in High School from 1963 to 1967..
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 02:19 PM

I was only 13 when the sixties ended and I feel cheated! So, for me, it would be the 70s when nothing was taken too seriously, life was still fun and meant for living. I loved the music and some of the fashion.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Sixties for the music. If I listen to a song from that decade I am instantly transported back in time, with wonderful memories. Attaching a crystal radio to the pipe outside my bedroom window. Listening to Radio Luxembourg or Caroline.

Ohhhhh, that was a wonderful time in my life.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Sixties for the music. If I listen to a song from that decade I am instantly transported back in time, with wonderful memories. Attaching a crystal radio to the pipe outside my bedroom window. Listening to Radio Luxembourg or Caroline.

Ohhhhh, that was a wonderful time in my life.
Yea just fab - we will never experience a time like that again, so we were 'lucky' to have lived through that time... And, we still have the music - that will always be ......
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I was only 13 when the sixties ended and I feel cheated! So, for me, it would be the 70s when nothing was taken too seriously, life was still fun and meant for living. I loved the music and some of the fashion.
Here.... the "you know what" started hitting the proverbial fan in 1968... Bobby Kennedy and Martin Luther King killed in 1968... The Vietnam war in full swing with bloody protests.. 1970 was the year of the Kent State shootings. The American South a hotbed of racial violence with Lyndon Johnson signing civil rights legislation effectively putting an end to the Jim Crow laws.. Things went to hell in a handbasket.. Our last innocent decade was the 60's..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by lavander ->
oh mups ...yes i remember those sticky out underskirts.....and big wide belts ...pulled as tight as we could get them...to make our waists look smaller....dancing on a Friday and Saturday night...record hops...through the week we were kept amused....i think we had it better than the young ones today
Oh yes Lavander, I'd forgotten about the belts.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top