Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:02 PM

Re: Advice of the heart needed

Make haste slowly.
I feel that you both may be on the rebound.
Enjoy each others company as friends.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:05 PM

Venator, At least this time you are being a bit more realistic!
She sounds perfect but are you still married?
If not, l hope you both live, happy ever after!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 10:39 PM

I agree with Bruv...rain check at 6 months
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Go for it but keep your head, don't get carried away with your heart.

I agree with AnnieS. Enjoy but be careful. This comes from a guy who has had three disastrous relationships since being divorced 17 years ago. I just seem to pick the wrong women but it doesn't feel like it at the time.
Six years now without a woman in my life and I'm just so so happy in my boring miserable drab world all on my own with no love no company no holding hands or having a cuddle. Just me. Does anyone know how to tie a proper knot in a noose by any chance.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 11:23 PM

Sounds good

Both take it easy.

No hurry. No worry, as they say.

Chat on the phone, do internet messages, chill out and be comfortable. Life is not a race.

The main thing is to talk.
Don't be afraid of expressing your feelings and insecurities, just so long as she is not one of life's 'takers' and I'm guessing she's not.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I agree with AnnieS. Enjoy but be careful. This comes from a guy who has had three disastrous relationships since being divorced 17 years ago. I just seem to pick the wrong women but it doesn't feel like it at the time.
Six years now without a woman in my life and I'm just so so happy in my boring miserable drab world all on my own with no love no company no holding hands or having a cuddle. Just me. Does anyone know how to tie a proper knot in a noose by any chance.

Three, in seventeen years? Well MC, if it had been three in 17 weeks - or even months, I might have thought you were making some wrong decisions, but over 17 years I don't think you should worry unduly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

The main thing is to talk.
Don't be afraid of expressing your feelings and insecurities, just so long as she is not one of life's 'takers' and I'm guessing she's not.
Yes talking is great. I think the worst thing we have in our world now is texting. It's so impersonal and leads to so many mixed messages early in a relationship.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Isn't life experience great with hindsight , to look back and see where things started to change and how we changed too . Using all that experience I know if I was in your situation I'd just enjoy having someone lovely in my life again , so what if it's rebound , just chill, make no promises keep your own life and friends and stay true to yourself .

Enjoy
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes talking is great. I think the worst thing we have in our world now is texting. It's so impersonal and leads to so many mixed messages early in a relationship.
Isn't it the absolute pits !
I hate it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 10:33 AM

Having been in a similar situation, I can say there is no better way to get over a failed marriage than starting a new relationship. Ok, perhaps it won't really go anywhere but it certainly takes your mind off things. It's the start of a new chapter in your life (I really do believe that our lives are in chapters).

Go for it, you might both end up very happy.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top