Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 08:20 PM

Re: Horse ran to death

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Ignorance speaks
Balldocks as usual

Racehorses spend their lives 23/7 in a box a highly unnatural state for a horse this causes them both physical and mental distress.
They are broken in too early forced to run too early.
If they break down and many do before they get anywhere near a racetrack they are sold for dog food.
Hi

How dare you criticise Purwell, he is always right.

I'll bet that you are one of those people who think radical muslims are a danger.

The way forward is as per the Great Jeremy, we must embrace Hamas and the IRA and call them our friends.

Purwell has had a pint with the Great Jeremy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's terrible. Apparently he died 'doing what he loved most.' Did anyone give him a choice?

Precisely dongle. Running his heart out - literally - carrying a bloke on his back who was probably waving a whip at him too, what choice did he have. . .. yet more ways of exploiting animals for man's benefit.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So sad, such majestic and beautiful animals. We don't hear much about the cruelty of horse racing, despite so many horses breaking legs in the national. Perhaps this will make a case for more ethical treatment. Makes me think of that film "war horse" - possibly the most distressing film I've ever seen.
Unfortunately, as a country we are more concerned about the trivial things like what to call pregnant mothers.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 02:07 PM

I have a friend whose daughter is a groom to the most expensive horses in England. They are treated like kings and queens.

That does not mean I agree with the 'sport' far from it. But as long as there is vast amounts of money involved nothing will change.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I have a friend whose daughter is a groom to the most expensive horses in England. They are treated like kings and queens.

That does not mean I agree with the 'sport' far from it. But as long as there is vast amounts of money involved nothing will change.

Exactly, mesco. So many things come down to money in the end. Sod the animals. They are replaceable.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Wonderwoman thats nice.
Wrinkly........I'm outta here......whooooosh
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

How dare you criticise Purwell, he is always right.

I'll bet that you are one of those people who think radical muslims are a danger.

The way forward is as per the Great Jeremy, we must embrace Hamas and the IRA and call them our friends.

Purwell has had a pint with the Great Jeremy.
You are way off topic.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
You are way off topic.
Wasn't Shergar a racehorse?
killed by the IRA.
On topic.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Wasn't Shergar a racehorse?
killed by the IRA.
On topic.
And, as I mentioned before, the seven horses blown up at Hyde Park.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2017, 03:40 PM

Did any of you watch the race? Many Clouds jockey sat fairly quietly on him, even at the end of the race. It was a truly sad ending for a very good horse.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top