Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 01:16 PM

Re: Hol(e)y Bread !

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Good on ya, gives you more time to whinge about everything else eh?
Don't "Rise" to it Bruce.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have better things to do than complain about a mere loaf of bread!

I think that's unfair. If Tabby needed to make sandwiches for guests coming, a fat lot of use that loaf would be, it's hardly just a little hole in a corner!
Money down the drain.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Looks more like poorly neaded dough to me. They are blaming the machine for bad quality control.
I agree - doesn't look like the bread has been knocked back properly before the second rise.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 01:39 PM

Gluten free bread seems to be full of large holes!
I do like Morrisons rye and spelt bread, that's about the only bread that I buy there.
I bought some part baked rolls as I don't eat bread much, for over Christmas, but they seem to be hollow.
By the way one shouldn't feed birds ( or hedgehogs) bread.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:20 PM

This was my gluten free loaf, one of many recently!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	bread.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2508  
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:34 PM

Tess and Cranberry, you beat me to it re the gluten/wheat free breads and the holes therein.

Nearly £3 for a tiny loaf and half of it's full of holes
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Tess and Cranberry, you beat me to it re the gluten/wheat free breads and the holes therein.

Nearly £3 for a tiny loaf and half of it's full of holes
So £3 for half a loaf - not good, is it, Pesta?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
So £3 for half a loaf - not good, is it, Pesta?
No!! and it's bloody awful anyway
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm just a layman when it comes to baking bread but I reckon the slicing machine has got nothing to do with it, looks more like bad mixing to me.
When I read the OP I was going to say exactly that. We have the same problem occasionally using our bread machine. Yes, poor mixing.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2016, 09:57 PM

Just received the following reply from Sainsbury's - they seem to blame customers wanting the bread to be sliced when it is too fresh. Actually I just took it straight from the shelf already done.

Customer.Service

Dear xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your recent visit to our Monks Cross store.

I'm sorry our Farmhouse loaf was not up to our usual high standard. I can understand your disappointment as I myself buy this bread for toasting.

I've spoken to our Bakery Manager Robin and he's apologised for this incident. He also said this is due to the bread still being warm when customers request it to be sliced and the blades in the slicing machine then drag the bread causing it to stretch and make the holes.

He's also advised he'll speak to the relevant colleague who told you it was a known problem as this is certainly not the case.

Can you please provide me with a brief description of the colleague you've spoken to and I can then forward this to our Bakery Manager.

I've popped a gift card for £5 in the post for you. This is to cover the cost and a little extra for yourself. Please allow 3-5 working days to arrive and a further 72 hours to be activated.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us and hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Noeleen Doran | Sainsbury's Careline
Can't say fairer than that - can they?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top