Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Re: Forgive me Lord for I have sinned

Are two folks on a Tandem more socially acceptable than one person on a bicycle?.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 08:21 AM

Right Turn Clyde.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Don't kick yourself too hard, we are only human.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 11:22 AM

What about one of these?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Zn_MVG5IE
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
It was quite a hectic day out there on the roads, holiday traffic roadworks cycle events. However to get to the point , locally on a hill where they have done traffic calming I approached a single lane chicane where I had direction priority. Getting towards its end there was waiting traffic to the right. Then this well middle aged Lycra clad two wheeled cycling road rodent shoots down the outside and into the chicane forcing me to emergency stop. He could not get past so we sit there nose to nose. I wound down the window and delivered verbal abuse beyond all expectation. Sorry if any members of the local community had their ears open.
Good for you, Curmudgeon! This grumpy old woman was there with you in spirit!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What about one of these?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Zn_MVG5IE
Looks like it manages to combine all the disadvantages of a bike with those of a car without retaining the advantages of either.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Curmudgeon ->
It was quite a hectic day out there on the roads, holiday traffic roadworks cycle events. However to get to the point , locally on a hill where they have done traffic calming I approached a single lane chicane where I had direction priority. Getting towards its end there was waiting traffic to the right. Then this well middle aged Lycra clad two wheeled cycling road rodent shoots down the outside and into the chicane forcing me to emergency stop. He could not get past so we sit there nose to nose. I wound down the window and delivered verbal abuse beyond all expectation. Sorry if any members of the local community had their ears open.
Don't get your pressure up .. just sing this song the next time ....

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-08-2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Looks like it manages to combine all the disadvantages of a bike with those of a car without retaining the advantages of either.
Couldn't agree more on the ergonomic front, but because it has FOUR wheels, would it make a pedaler more socially acceptable?. What would be the reaction from the motorist if the operator of one of these, rode the pavement to beat the traffic queue, or jumped a traffic light?, I.e, are the number of wheels a vehicle has critical to it's acceptance by the motoring masses.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2014, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Couldn't agree more on the ergonomic front, but because it has FOUR wheels, would it make a pedaler more socially acceptable?. What would be the reaction from the motorist if the operator of one of these, rode the pavement to beat the traffic queue, or jumped a traffic light?, I.e, are the number of wheels a vehicle has critical to it's acceptance by the motoring masses.
I don't think so I think that anything that holds a motorist up for even a fraction of a second is the target of unreasonable bile. I have yet to be held up by a cyclist for more than a second or two but putting one of these monstrosities on the UK roads would make even those abominable caravans towed by an underpowered cars seem speedy.

Personally I would rather have to pass twenty cyclists than one caravan.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top