Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:26 AM

Re: Do You Stockpile?

I don't go too mad but like to know I have plenty in just in case I'm ill and can't get to the shops or, in bad weather, I don't want to go out
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=malcolm;946756
And BTW Art....dishwasher tablets don't go off ![/QUOTE]

Malcolm, l have read otherwise!..........

Quote.......
You shouldn't really stockpile tons of tablets (or powder), because the oxygen based bleach can dissipate into the atmosphere, rendering the detergent much less efficient than it would be if freshly bought.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:47 AM

Blimey, yes, I'm guilty of stock piling. Whenever I open a new bottle of hand wash in the bathroom I make sure I buy more. If in Wilkos, I get their cheap loo rolls and kitchen paper. I have several cans of soups, sachet soups, stuffing mixes, black bags and small bin liners.

I have cans and bottles of non alcoholic drinks.

And don't get me started on stationery!!! Ruled pads, cash books, any jotter pad, small notepads for my daily spend. Pens.

Blank DVDs and CDs, for when I get round to transferring stuff onto them.

My FF is always full, then months down the line I end up throwing stuff away!

Naughty naughty me, but I can't stop it. At the moment I should have enough to feed me for awhile. I have a list on the FF door of the contents, and also on the lounge cupboard, which is in danger of the contents toppling out onto me.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:50 AM

Just loo rolls. The triple ply ones not those ones yer finger goes through...well you never know do yer.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:52 AM

Yep me to.

Freezer full, cupboards with tins and packets, toilet paper, kitchen roll, washing powder, shower gels, bubble bath, bleach etc.

About twice a year we live on what is in the freezer and cupboards and just buy fresh stuff. Then restock.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Ooooh yes, in my new bedroom unit I have TWO big boxes of washing powder and, even though they contain fabric conditioner, I have a bottle of that too.

Yes, yes, I know...why not buy the powder on its own, or not bother with the FC, but I do feel the wash needs that little bit extra.

And as for shower and bath gels...yup, those too! Years ago I bought a huge bag of them from M&S as they were on a deal. Even got matching hand creams. Still trying to work my way through my stock because in between I have been given such toiletries as gifts, so adding to the pile! I even sold some at a car boot last year.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Malcolm, l have read otherwise!..........

Quote.......
You shouldn't really stockpile tons of tablets (or powder), because the oxygen based bleach can dissipate into the atmosphere, rendering the detergent much less efficient than it would be if freshly bought.
Less efficient but not unusable just use two tabs instead of one, at work all our dishwasher tabs are out of date when they arrive, we just lob a couple in the washer instead of one works perfectly well. You can also use them to bleach sinks, cups, loos etc if they are not full strength.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 04:06 PM

I don't stock pile, but my late husband did & there is a freezer full of food he put in there & a cupboard full of tinned stuff. I could live on it for months, if I liked it all that is. All I'd need to buy is bread, eggs, butter/spread & cheese. At present I live on eggs, bacon & something on toast.
We have used up the loo paper, tissues, kitchen paper & dishwasher stuff, so that I did have to buy again.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 04:49 PM

I don't stockpile.
My food has to be fresh so I meat shop every other day.
Fruit and veg has to be fresh too.
I don't do tinned food except soup. Can't be bothered making it.
I do keep a healthy supply of cleaning and personal hygiene
products in.

Edit:!i tell a fib, I have about 15,000 bricks in my yard.
Many differing types and makers with very little value unless someone asks for a garden wall.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes with cleaning things, the garage shelves are full of offers I never buy full price.

Not food though, I like it as fresh as possible.
I do that too Meg, I refuse to pay full price, I even do it with some food items such as cappuccino sachets and cheese, but only things I use regularly.
I don't like wasting money, probably because I can't afford to, but, I suspect even if I won the lottery I'd do the same!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top