Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 02:35 PM

Re: Duvets

I like a single bed and my own room. When my husband and I shared a bed about 20 years ago we drove each other crazy, I was always kicking the duvet on and off and he snored. I like my own space at night and don't like sharing it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:05 PM

I also like my own bed but it has to be king size, not because l'm enormous! I just like stretching out and have no fear of falling out!
I stuck to sheets and blankets for a long time and reluctantly changed to a duvet. I have two duvets on me all year round!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would imagine that some of the ex-army guys on here still prefer the old sheets and blankets and like to tuck in the corners army style. I do think the old style looked neater and I really don't enjoy the changing of the cover ceremony.
Strange to think also that we use to cover our pillows with the bed spread, now we have hundreds of the damned things on display.

And not forgetting the hospital way of tucking the corners under

It's no bother changing the quilt cover, don't know what all the fuss is about - easy peasy DingaLong

I used to love making the bed when it was sheets and blankets. The corners just HAD to be right and getting in bed at night was a masterpiece by me. I snuck and wriggled down so as not to disturb the tightness of the bedding. I could never throw the bedding back....it had to stay tightly made. My sister used to make fun of me for doing it

Quilts are ok. I'd love to be able to get into a messy quilt, with it all over the place and squashy, but I can't - it has to be neat and straight and moulded around me.

Oh the little foibles in life
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 09:23 PM

Sheets and blankets here for my son and I.We have both tried duvets but cant get on with them. I like to be able to push on a banket when its warm and put on extra when its cold,our weather is so tempramental it changes almost every night,my room seems to hold the heat so I often only have a sheet on
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2016, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We have had duvets since we were first married in 1969, when given one as a wedding present. There is no way in a million years I would ever wish to revert to the old style bedding with blankets etc. We buy new duvets about twice a year, we have synthetic fibre ones as I appear to be allergic to the ones filled with feathers, which make my eyes water these days.

I was wondering how many people still use the old style of bedding?
I had to look up what a duvet was - we call them a doona.

Likewise for me never use sheets and blankets, apart from anything else it is so much easier to make the bed. I have a king size single bed but I use a double doona.

Having said that; in summer I might just have a sheet on the bed as even a doona is too hot.

Can't stand tucked in sheets/blankets. When I stay at a motel the first job is to pull the tucked in sides and end out from under the mattress. Hate the 'tied down' feeling
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 07:22 AM

I too hate that tucked in feeling and I pull them out! I bet the people cleaning my rooms must despair of me, lol!

I have a synthetic duvet (the new double) but I feel I bought it too quickly. Within seconds of getting in bed it's hot on me so it's just the duvet cover for me while the weather is warm. Every night I chuck the duvet off: I haven't put the two together for a long time...while it's so hot each day/night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

It's no bother changing the quilt cover, don't know what all the fuss is about - easy peasy DingaLong
It's the only time we ever bicker, The corners are not fitted properly, the duvet isn't flat, the buttons are done up wrong, blah blah blah blah.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I too hate that tucked in feeling and I pull them out! I bet the people cleaning my rooms must despair of me, lol!
Really I like to be bound up like an Egyptian mummy with a sheet pulled firmly around me, one reason I have a sheet on top as well as a duvet .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Really I like to be bound up like an Egyptian mummy with a sheet pulled firmly around me, one reason I have a sheet on top as well as a duvet .
I think I need to pay you a visit Meg. I'll bring my hammer & chisel.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think I need to pay you a visit Meg. I'll bring my hammer & chisel.
No no LD I am stopping the spiders creeping into my bed at night

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top