Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 10:38 PM

Re: Posting on old threads

I can't see any harm in a so called od thread/subject being brought back to life again by another member. So what?
It isn't a big deal, and remember.
No likey, no clicky!
Anyway, an old thread can be just as relevant today, and may be something that relatively new members might be interested in.
It takes only a few seconds to realise that the thread is long standing, and so what?
Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to make anyone take any further part in the thread.
Move on to something else that floats yer boat.
Live and let live I say.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 10:40 PM

It is good to give the Old Campaigners another shot, even if it is under a New Name.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 10:43 PM

If I remember seeing a thread about a topic I wish to raise I'd rather go back to it than start a new one, otherwise the same answers just get repeated.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is good to give the Old Campaigners another shot, even if it is under a New Name.
Well at least I have been Boozercruiser everywhere.
Ever since Saggy did a Titanic.
So there!

PS.
I am now going to resurrect some of my old threads.
So keep a look out for them, and thanks for the idea Orangutan!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:01 PM

Good for you, saves me the trouble.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:05 PM

Sometimes I find posts I wrote ages ago and think, " that doesn't sound like something I'd say!" could be there's an evil twin lurking, or a good one!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If I remember seeing a thread about a topic I wish to raise I'd rather go back to it than start a new one, otherwise the same answers just get repeated.
If a topic is raised about a subject which was recently discussed the threads are usually merged so that people don't need to repeat themselves.

It isn't really a good idea to resurrect old threads because some of those members taking part are no longer with us to reply if they are quoted.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
There seem to have been several old threads that have been dragged out of the abyss with new posts recently. So why do some search back through threads that are months or even years old to make a comment?
I put on old threads the other day for this reason. I was fed up with the moaning on here and also new members being blamed.

So I put "moaning over50forum" into Google and what happened, threads going back six years of moaning, from old members.
Seems some things never change
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:16 PM

Once I started a thread about slow cookers . It wasn't allowed to stay because there had already been a thread about that same subject a few months previously. My thread was joined onto the old one and the old one was resurrected!

I think that's what happens a lot of the times we see old threads reappear.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2016, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I can't see any harm in a so called od thread/subject being brought back to life again by another member. So what?
It isn't a big deal, and remember.
No likey, no clicky!
Anyway, an old thread can be just as relevant today, and may be something that relatively new members might be interested in.
It takes only a few seconds to realise that the thread is long standing, and so what?
Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to make anyone take any further part in the thread.
Move on to something else that floats yer boat.
Live and let live I say.
It is something to moan about Kenny, that is what people do, moan

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top