Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:28 PM

Re: Bless You!

Ok, flexed and ready!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:46 PM

If someone sneezes I say gezondheid (ggod health) and always have done.

I dont mind if someone says bless you as a response to a sneeze but this new trend of smiling in a syrupy fashion and saying 'awww bless' is quiet condescending.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
If someone sneezes I say gezondheid (ggod health) and always have done.

I dont mind if someone says bless you as a response to a sneeze but this new trend of smiling in a syrupy fashion and saying 'awww bless' is quiet condescending.
Cass, l forgot to mention the syrupy smile they do as they say it!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I shall put my hands up and own up to this one Art.

I do say "bless you" in some circumstances, not so much because I think some needs a sympathetic answer as you suggested though. I usually mean it in other ways.

For example, Mister Judd has helped me with a couple of things this afternoon. Now without looking back in those threads now, I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I said something like "Bless you - thank you so much."
I believe I might use it a fair bit in those terms, as a big thank you, or if I am really pleased about something.

I might also use it as a term of endearment if someone happens to say something particularly lovely to me, and which makes me feel emotional.

Apologies if it offends anyone, but it will be meant from the heart.

Actually, what is wrong with asking for a blessing for someone anyway - surely better than cursing them.
You ought to see what she says to me in PMs Art - enough to make a docker blush.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:58 PM

Ooooh you great big hairy fibber you.

Art knows me better than that I hope.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
You ought to see what she says to me in PMs Art - enough to make a docker blush.
Mmmm, that's interesting, Judd.... Personal Messages, Aye?!!
Do you have pet names for each other, like Squidgy or Fred and Gladys?!! Bless!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mmmm, that's interesting, Judd.... Personal Messages, Aye?!!
Do you have pet names for each other, like Squidgy or Fred and Gladys?!!

He's being very naughty and trying to besmirch my good character, Art. It is because he made ungentlemanly advances and was given a good clip round the ear.
THAT is the reason he is saying such things.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2017, 11:09 PM

He's being very naughty and trying to besmirch my good character, Art. It is because he made ungentlemanly advances and was given a good clip round the ear.
THAT is the reason he is saying such things.
Yes, Mups, l know the feeling!! Our names blackened, our reputations shattered.....Yet another happy day in cyberland! Bless You!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-05-2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, Mups, l know the feeling!! Our names blackened, our reputations shattered.....Yet another happy day in cyberland! Bless You!

Thank you Hun.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-05-2017, 11:19 PM

Thank you Hun.
Cringe, Cringe, Cringe!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top