Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:16 AM

Re: A pleasure and a privilege.

No. Too far away for me. Too late to think of it this year but might another.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It was wonderful. The Lancaster engines have quite a distinctive roar - you can hear them coming long before you see them.

As you can with the Vulcan too darlin'. With George and one of my Uncles many, many years ago we were at Tangmere Aerodrome when a Vulcan Bomber flew low over the trees, dropped to nought feet along the runway and when he got to the end (where we were) he hauled back on the stick, switched on the after burners and flew almost vertical. At 20,000 feet we could still feel the heat from his after burners and the sound of those engines was deafening!!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:53 PM

Not long got back from the RIAT, it was amazing to see the Euro Fighter flying in tandem with the Spitfire.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not long got back from the RIAT, it was amazing to see the Euro Fighter flying in tandem with the Spitfire.
Oh how wonderful. Glad someone from here went. I'm looking forward to my few days in Bournemouth end August for their Air Festival.

Talking of planes, one of the Breitling wing walking pilots started his career as a gofer at Clacton Aero Club when I first started. He was probably about 14 or 15 then. Fearless, and flying before he was driving. Now friends on Facebook so I can watch where they are off to next.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 07:52 AM

Hi Jazzi, I've just about got my hearing back now, watched from offsite for the first time, Furzey Hill Farm, and walked up to the perimeter fence, far side from the crowd line, fantastic photo opportunities.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top