Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 11:29 PM

Re: first Impressions

Originally Posted by John ->
Here you are, help yourself!!
Got any sugar free ones John
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 03:22 AM

I've been on here about two years now and I joined after being disillusioned with other sites which were either too big or not too well attended.
I'm very happy on here and I enjoy talking, discussing and occasionally ranting at its members, who are on the whole a cheerful, friendly bunch. It's easy to navigate and the many sub-forums cover just about everything worth talking about.

This is one of three social forums I am on. The other two are a bodybuilding forum where I post my exercise routines and advise mostly novices, but other than that I don't chat in the conversation section. The other forum is Pink Floyd-related and I don't post on it. It's there for info on new releases, gigs etc.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 06:43 AM

I came here from a right rowdy place, and thought at first, this place was overly tamed, but, looking back, overall, that was probably just the internet at the time, people overdoing the faceless freedoms this medium offered. It is good that here, by and large, the onus is on the individual, to conduct themselves with a modicum of decorum, and, no one twists anyone's arm to post, or not to.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:11 AM

A good forum needs to focus on its main purpose...discussing things with others & good moderation... and I don't think you can get better than Meg and Mags.

I have always thought that a forum can only be as good as it's members allow it to be...... so perhaps we should all remember that when we have a strong opinion! You can tell people how you feel in just a few posts but, if they aren't listening, you will never change their minds by continuing to post till it gets boring to read.....that is what I call and argument!

I have always loved this forum because it was quite friendly and the more intelligent members accepted that they cannot persuade others to think the same way they do. Has it changed? I am sorry to say that I think it has, in some ways, and over the last 12 months I have enjoyed it less than I used to. Why? I think mainly because people lose their cool and get nasty, or cry and accuse others of bullying, which makes this forum look more like a children's playground!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:32 AM

My first initial impression of the site was that it had an old fashioned and "dated" feel to it but Its well moderated and even though I dont visit/post like I used to I still enjoy popping in now and then
Oh and I think I must like "old fashioned and dated" its still the only forum I ever bother with.

And really need to add that when going through shite in life its great to have "support" in whatever form it takes (even cyber support) This forums members do that well
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 07:58 AM

I think it's one of the best Over 50's forums around.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 08:09 AM

It is an over50s forum, that is my impression of it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 08:10 AM

My first impression was it was a bit tame, but after a couple of years it had found a good balance.

It has changed, some of that change is not to my liking, it is still the best of the bunch.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 08:43 AM

I hate it - too many old people and not enough young bikini clad maidens.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2018, 09:11 AM

I came here several years ago from another forum which was half-decent, but unfortunately folded for some reason. Some other members came here too.
This forum is certainly the best, though, as it is fairly and easily moderated and most members seem to get on well enough with each other.
It is certainly better than a couple of others I have visited. One, a DIY forum (with a general discussion section) was definitely over-moderated and I wasn't willing to put up with that. On another, because of my initials, I was mistaken for a well-known troll and, despite my protestations, they wouldn't listen to reason so I decided not to grace them with my presence.
No, without a doubt, this is the best I have ever seen.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top