Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 05:23 PM

Re: Fabric Conditioner

Were not only urged to use scented fabric conditioners but now we must use dettol rinse to kill all those nasty germs.
I mainly only use one programme on my washing machine
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I only use one prog on my washing machine. I do use a fabric conditioner though. Son has work tee shirts & whether it's the material or what I don't know, but they smell like cats pee, even after a wash, so we got this stuff you put in the machine with the clothing & now everything smells better, not just his tees.

A washing machine engineer told me once that we should make sure every single programme is used occasionally, we should not just use the same couple all the time.

Only thing is, I can't remember why.

Any ex-machine repairers here?

However, back to the OP. I use fabric conditioner on some washes, especially woollens to make them nice and soft.
They feel like like Nom's string vest if I don't.

I usually use a Eco-friendly sort.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 07:52 PM

Never use fabric conditioner, TBH.
Smile
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Eeeew Mups I bought some of that once and it smelt vile.
I don't like the smelly ones, they make me sneeze too and catch my chest, so always buy 'sensitive' or whatever it's called. But that eco one (if it was the same as yours) was dreadful
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 10:06 PM

This one is OK, Pesta - well I think so anyway - it's faintly lemony and quite pleasant.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2017, 10:09 PM

This one is OK, Pesta - well I think so anyway - it's faintly lemony and quite pleasant.
Oh, I like lemon smells.... maybe I'll look around for one then!

The one I had almost smelled musty. Vile.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-08-2017, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oh, I like lemon smells.... maybe I'll look around for one then!

The one I had almost smelled musty. Vile.

Do what I do, Pesta, and take the lids off and have a sniff before you buy.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

10-08-2017, 10:23 PM

Do what I do, Pesta, and take the lids off and have a smell before you buy one.
Yes, I used to do that Mups, before I found the 'sensitive' one. I used to smell so many I made myself feel ill - it's like smelling smelly candles.... oh yuk, do they make me feel bad
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 12:09 AM

A washing machine engineer told me once that we should make sure every single programme is used occasionally, we should not just use the same couple all the time.

Only thing is, I can't remember why.

Any ex-machine repairers here?

However, back to the OP. I use fabric conditioner on some washes, especially woollens to make them nice and soft.
They feel like like Nom's string vest if I don't.

I haven't mastered any of the other programs, Mups.
Franbern
London
Franbern is female  Franbern has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 01:25 PM

I can remember hearing that using fabric conditioner on towels makes them less able to dry you off. Tumble drying does keep towels soft, but in the summer months I hang everything outside for wind/sun power to dry them. Stopped using conditioner a few years back and although I am in hard water, Thames area, do not really miss it at all. Indeed, recently I have not even been using any washing powder, etc. Have a special ecoball in the washing machine which does this job for me.
Rarely use anything other than one programme on my elderly machine. Also put everything in together, all colours. After all, nothing gets really dirty these days, and do not see the need of separating things out.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top