Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 06:57 PM

Re: Sunny Sunday

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good afternoon all, it's a nice sunny day today after the storm last night, I thought the house was going to blow away. My two grandson have just left and there's only herself and me relaxing here.
The wife made some scones yesterday Meg and she brought them out to me on a plate, no knife and fork, just a hammer and chisel.
Bridget I hope you get away with it, fingers crossed for you.
Ya all have a good day now ya hear!
Jem you are very naughty
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 07:08 PM

A late visit here for me too, we've had the company of our granddaughter for most of the day and I would say that she has kept us occupied rather than the other way round! She is a delightful 11 year old who can't do enough for us ...... I think if I had left her to it, she would have cooked the Sunday roast all by herself!

We must has escaped all the gale force winds that have been battering the rest of the country

Hope everyone has had an enjoyable day...
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Well, I think the landlords visit went all right, he is in the country for 6 months though before he goes to Greece then on a cruise, think I may ask if he can drop my rent that I am struggling to afford.

Keightley enjoyed his visit to my daughters friends house, she has a three year old daughter and he hasnt had much contact with children but was really good with her and played bouncing games with her and covered her with slobber then watched cartoons and pinched some of her ham..

Hopefully the landlord wont come round again in the next 6 months, I didnt find him as easy to talk to as his sister who I usually deal with, still, if it comes to it, Ill just have to come clean. The house is clean and tidy, I have done a lot of work in the garden and his sister said how much nicer it looks now. It was a mess when we moved in, so its his choice really.

I had to shut our cat Tom out too because hes not supposed to be here either and our neighbours cat beat him up, poor boy.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:13 PM

Well DL, sounds like you might have got away with that

Made the most of the weather, 2 walks and inbetween those, just pottered about.

Got a telephone call to say one of my Nieces has had her baby and are doing well. Only surprise was Maisy Rose has turned out to be Benjamin James-) Through all her scans they told her the baby was a girl, so all the 'girlie' clothes etc. they have bought are useless! Scans are not 100%, and Katie has made history at the maternity unit by having the first wrong sex baby to be born there Count up-to-date of Nieces, Nephews and Greats is: 2 football teams (22) and now a referee.....just need 2 linesmen, or should I say 'linespersons', to complete the set
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:19 PM

Congratulations to the Mum and Dad, and are you a grand-auntie? I can never keep those relationships straight.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Congratulations to the Mum and Dad, and are you a grand-auntie? I can never keep those relationships straight.
Certainly am Eileen...the numbers just keep on growing
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:25 PM

Congratulations on the new arrival to your expanding family Merz

My daughter is expecting her second baby in January - she was told she's having a boy - but we'll see now
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

27-11-2011, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Congratulations on the new arrival to your expanding family Merz

My daughter is expecting her second baby in January - she was told she's having a boy - but we'll see now
Hopefully they'll have got it right Carmen, otherwise it will be a surprise, or even a shock, as in the case of my Niece
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
Morning everyone, beautiful day here too after yesterdays madness. We have a visit from our landlord. I am going to be a chicken.

We were told no dogs when we moved in but I pleaded for our two little dogs and the landlady who was letting the house for her brother discussed it with her mum and agreed we could have the two little ones. I was going to rehome my boxer. When it came to it I couldnt do it so we sneaked him in and I was going to say to her next time she came round that if I couldnt keep him he would have to be PTS and play on her sympathy but the actual man who owns the house is back from abroad and has never seen the house because his sister bought it for him (long story) and wants to see it.

Well, Keightley my boxer isnt keen on men and bites their bums so he has to be sneaked out and hidden for the visit, I darent risk it. So today is mad clean up day and fingers crossed day.

Hope everyone else has a good one.
Doglover, did you manage to sneak your boxer out without getting found out???
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Congratulations from me too, Merz, that certainly is a lot of nephews, nieces and Greats!!!

I still have an aunt alive, she is 95 now and is my daughter's Great Aunt and my granddaughter's Great-Great Aunt. She is quite chuffed about that fact!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top