Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Re: Spectacles

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Hi doc , I think it depends where you buy them .daughter has bought glasses from specsavers and had problems yet when she eventually bought from my opticians never had any . I'd definitely take them back and insist they sort it . After all they are not cheap . Speak to other opticians too .
Same here Susan I started going to a local independent optician. He doesn't do offers I don't really want anyway like a free second pair just good quality specs.

I used to go to Boots and the lenses and arm screws were forever coming out. My now Optician Andrew shook his head in disbelief when looking at the ill fitting lenses in the Boots specs.

The specs I am wearing now I got from Andrew 4 years ago and nothing has ever fallen out of them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Same here Susan I started going to a local independent optician. He doesn't do offers I don't really want anyway like a free second pair just good quality specs.

I used to go to Boots and the lenses and arm screws were forever coming out. My now Optician Andrew shook his head in disbelief when looking at the ill fitting lenses in the Boots specs.

The specs I am wearing now I got from Andrew 4 years ago and nothing has ever fallen out of them.
I think this really depends upon individuals.

My optician was Dollond and Aitcheson, but was taken over by Boots. Same optician, though, and he is excellent. A very pleasant and very competent Indian chap.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 05:42 PM

I bought my last specs in Cyprus five years ago. Frames and lenses £25.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top