Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 07:55 AM

Re: Have you a tattoo? If yes what and where?

Oooops, I meant pssst, not pest.

Some on here think you have to be male, drunk or drugged up to the eyeballs to have one.
Were you in that state when you got yours? Betcha weren't.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Oooops, I meant pssst, not pest.

Some on here think you have to be male, drunk or drugged up to the eyeballs to have one.
Were you in that state when you got yours? Betcha weren't.
Grief no..My tattoo artist is also a trained paramedic. He will never work on anyone he thinks is under the influence.

Plus I had to sign consent forms and he gave me a care pack info.

I have to admit I found the process wonderfully relaxing so I did drop off briefly!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 08:52 AM

I have a very small one, on my upper arm, of a Red Rose Bud.
Deborah2307
Weymouth Dorset
Deborah2307 is female  Deborah2307 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 04:32 PM

To be honest O dont give a dam what anyone else thinks, I had my first tattoo when I was 39 and now at the ripe old age of 57 I have 18 tattoos. My late husband paid for them all except my first one and my last one. The first one I had done before I met him and the last one was in his memory. They all mean something to me and what others think does not matter. To be honest most of them are no longer seen by anyone but me.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 05:55 PM

I have a small tattoo on my right arm (near the wrist) which simply says "Philippians 4:13".

Nobody would really notice it or realise what it means, but when I was younger I became severely depressed and thought (but never tried) of killing myself. Getting that tattoo on my arm meant should I ever try to "do" anything, I would see it and stop.

It has worked so far!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->
I have a small tattoo on my right arm (near the wrist) which simply says "Philippians 4:13".

Nobody would really notice it or realise what it means, but when I was younger I became severely depressed and thought (but never tried) of killing myself. Getting that tattoo on my arm meant should I ever try to "do" anything, I would see it and stop.

It has worked so far!
Thank you for sharing.
This was the whole point of the thread until it was derailed.

Not by the nice ladies of this forum, they lightened the mood and deserve a thank you, too.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Thank you for sharing.
This was the whole point of the thread until it was derailed.

Not by the nice ladies of this forum, they lightened the mood and deserve a thank you, too.
Oh, I didn't know it had gotten derailed - I simply saw the first post and replied
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I might have thought about having a delicate butterfly tattooed on my buttock when I was younger but I never got around to it...

I see quite a lot of older ladies with tattoos at my aqua fit class and to be honest I think they look gross.

So glad I never had one.
lol Carol, I have 2 butterfly on branches tattoos and they are located around the area you wanted to get your tattoo lol I got my first tattoo just a few years ago, never too late if you want to get one !

Looking for tattoo number 3 !
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

08-02-2016, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
ScottishCatLady's post is a wonderful story...
Ditto.

She epitomises the reason for this thread, almost all tattoos have a meaning or reason to the wearer, some more powerful than others but a meaning nonetheless.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2016, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ScottishCatLady ->

It has worked so far!
Wonderful positive tattoo

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top