Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 09:26 PM

Re: ever changing world

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
My gripe is, some (not All) who gripe about change, have been by way of their actions, been party to it.
oh my giddy aunts, I hope I'm not responsible for any of these changes *goes into hiding*
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 10:19 PM

No Stormforce, it is for individuals to decide what influence they have had.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2018, 11:16 PM

LQ, I agree with every word you said in your first post.

All this technology is probably fine for the 15 year olds who don't know naything about life without it, but it's mostly a load of gobble-de-gook to many of us older ones, who weren't brought up with it.

Why do they think they have 'a new and improved website' when it isn't, it's worse than ever it was!

I agree also about all these recorded messages. One thing particularly annoyed me tonight, and that was I tried to phone Tesco pharmacy to ask them one simple question, and a flamin' robot answered the phone.
I had no choice but to listen while it rambled on quoting all the opening hours every day of the week, then I got the messages were recorded for staff training bit, then which department I wanted, then "press 1 for . . . press 2 for . . . and so on.

A good 5 minutes of my time were wasted just listening to a recording rattling on, and I still hadn't even got to speak to a human!

And what about this new law that's just come out regarding firms not contacting you without your consent? I was fed up to the teeth a couple of weeks back with companies inundating me to ask if they could have my permission to tell me of their "special offers, things they think will interest me, forthcoming sale products" etc etc. Then when you say No thanks, another damn box comes up saying something like ... "Can you tell us why"!!

And while I am on a roll now, what about the emails that say sweetly . . . "Can we have a moment of your time to review ".... whatever it was you bought. The times I have then been caught trying to answer about 50 flippin' questions about something I haven't even unwrapped yet!

And don't even start me on the doctor's receptionists.

Oooh, I must go and have a lie down and calm down.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 08:44 AM

I get irritated by the updates on my computer which are rarely for the better.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 10:50 AM

The Indian who rings me up every couple of weeks and pretends to be from BT technical department.

My response is always the same but so far he hasn't done it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The Indian who rings me up every couple of weeks and pretends to be from BT technical department.

My response is always the same but so far he hasn't done it.
And I bet his name is John Smith too
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
And I bet his name is John Smith too
He doesn't give his name and he doesn't know the name he is pretending to contact either. He rang today. Just as well the thought police were not in my house, I really let him have it this time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I get irritated by the updates on my computer which are rarely for the better.
Me too Tara and they always seem to upset some other setting ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-06-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
True. I never update them but when I had my lap top repaired, they updated about fifty odd files which wiped out certain programmes which I can never use again.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2018, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It really is a pain.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top