Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:51 AM

Re: Why are there so many chavs/yobs in Britain?

I was a barmaid for a few years Barry, a real eye opener that was!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
So our country is overun with chavs and its mens fault, i sometimes despair of you folks.
Not all men Nom, just the irresponsible ones and the women who fall for them I suppose.
Don't despair, there are still some decent folk around!
I'd hate to think of you cowering in your man cave, scared to come out!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I don't know where you spend your free time Tessa, I have worked amongst men for fifty years and have never once heard anyone brag or congratulate anyone on getting a girl knocked up.

I really should get out more....
I agree Barry, also 'it takes two' as they say .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
At a loose end, and nothing much new appearing on OFF, I thought I'd Google 'Why are there so many chavs/yobs in Britain?', and came up with one very clear and convincing explanation from someone:

The problem is, when political correctness came in, shame went out.

Being an unwed Mother was seen as something to be ashamed of, not a quick step onto the housing and benefits ladder. Communities were much closer and families would be mortified to have such shame brought upon them by their daughters, especially if their peers and neighbours found out. And the other half of the duo would have some explaining to do. Usually to wrong end of Daddies shotgun. But not any more. Parents don't seem to give a damn. But why should they when it's all accepted as the norm.

And then there's work. Claiming the dole was embarrassing, an admittance of defeat. I remember coming back into the country, having lived abroad for a while. I claimed for one week and felt so humiliated standing in that queue to collect my money, that I started cleaning other peoples houses until I could get the job I wanted.

That's all gone now. The current generation have been brought up to believe that the world owes them a living. We make celebrities out teen parents, for Gods sake! Is anyone really surprised with what we've ended up with?

Bring back shame and maybe things will change. Until then, it'll carry on just as it is.

I think that effectively answered my question. A bit embarrassing though, I thought, to be British.

Perhaps some of you have other ideas.

'Cos they haven't yet found a way of severing Eseex from the rest of the UK
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:09 AM

Why are there so many chavs/yobs in Britain?
Too many parents not giving time to and taking responsibly for the actions of their children.
Children given too much too easily (some in my own family included)

An attitude among some people that 'the state will provide' rather than people are responsible for themselves, the state is there to provide for those who are unable not unwilling to look after themselves.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Not all men Nom, just the irresponsible ones and the women who fall for them I suppose.
Don't despair, there are still some decent folk around!
I'd hate to think of you cowering in your man cave, scared to come out!
Are the women not responsible also, last time i looked female have access to contraception and its a joint effort.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:51 AM

no worries, soon we will be having robots making love to each other and the human race will be no more
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Too many parents not giving time to and taking responsibly for the actions of their children.
Children given too much too easily (some in my own family included)

An attitude among some people that 'the state will provide' rather than people are responsible for themselves, the state is there to provide for those who are unable not unwilling to look after themselves.
I agree Meg.

I often see small children run past my window, followed by their parents thirty seconds later. No holding hands and it's a very busy road.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-07-2017, 10:15 AM

The first pub I worked in was so rough, you didn't talk about anything that went on there, barmaids used the toilets in the flat upstairs, if you could get past the rottweilers and doberman, rather than go through the lounge to the ladies.
It was a " badge of honour" to impregnate hapless females who really had no idea about family responsibilities yet seemed to think the "men" would look after them.
The second pub I worked in was the opposite end of the social scale, yet there was still this " boys will be boys" attitude and any female who succumbed to their charms was a tart.
We seem to be heading back to those times.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The first pub I worked in was so rough, you didn't talk about anything that went on there, barmaids used the toilets in the flat upstairs, if you could get past the rottweilers and doberman, Rotherham than go through the lounge to the ladies.
It was a " badge of honour" to impregnate hapless females who really had no idea about family responsibilities yet seemed to think the "men" would look after them.
The second pub I worked in was the opposite end of the social scale, yet there was still this " boys will be boys" attitude and any female who succumbed to their charms was a tart.
We seem to be heading back to those times.
I'm so glad your experiences didn't leave you with a warped view of men.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top