Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Re: Getting Older

yes I realized that the other day,actually just living is a miracle, rely on the sun to show up the dust oh and today I have put a notebook in the kitchen so I can write down things I need or things I want to do, walk round the shops in a sort of half dazed state then get home with hardly any thing I wanted.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
yes I realized that the other day,actually just living is a miracle, rely on the sun to show up the dust oh and today I have put a notebook in the kitchen so I can write down things I need or things I want to do, walk round the shops in a sort of half dazed state then get home with hardly any thing I wanted.
Oh - I've reached that stage Annie ....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 07:17 PM

I find I don't walk as briskly as I used to, I've slowed up a bit there but I still love walking, I hate sitting in cars no matter who's driving, give me the train anyday, I've yet to meet a motorist (my own family included) who doesn't moan about traffic. The other thing that bothers me is my eyesight, it's fading slowly over the years and I have to use strong magnification when I'm working at the bench, but that's to be expected, watching the TV and normal use of my eyes is still OK and but I have to use glasses for reading, otherwise I'm as fit as a fiddle.
I find I am more at ease with myself and things that seemed like a big deal years ago make me laugh now.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Stella H ->
Find it harder to get up again after bending down to get something from a low cupboard.
Oh my God, yessss!!! I have to hold on to something firm to push myself up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 11:16 PM

Same here I used to go on the big dipper time and time again at Gt Yarmouth funfair but no way would I go on it now. I wonder why that is.
You'd wee yerself?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2013, 11:44 PM

I think it's like the animal world, where only the fittest take the chances, the older, weaker ones sit back. We know we are not as nifty as we used to be and therefore more vulnerable to injury etc. It's just good old survival instinct kicking in - and a good measure of common sense, which we may not have had in abundance in our youth.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-10-2013, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
today I have put a notebook in the kitchen so I can write down things I need or things I want to do, walk round the shops in a sort of half dazed state then get home with hardly any thing I wanted.

Annie, I've kept a notebook with my next days jobs on it for years! When I walk round the shops, I've noticed people looking at me because I'm talking to myself as well - out loud!!! And I can't remember when I last ran up an escalator.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I realised I no longer have the nerves of steel I used to have: big dipper rides are now out of the question, much too dangerous (even the Runaway Train at Alton Towers became a white knuckle ride) and, last week, my eldest granddaughter passed her driving test and she took me for a spin in her car - I felt very nervous

What things about you have you noticed have changed as you've gotten older?
The English language with the use of Americanisms. Got older, or become older would suffice.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 01:50 AM

I can't tolerate idiots like i used to,i was once just tolerant of fools and now they irk me,they seem to grate on my nerves,used to be water off a duck's back before,now i dwell on it,think about a bit more than is healthy,so i am not as tolerant as i used to be!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Find it harder to get up again after bending down to get something from a low cupboard.

Stella darlin' I'm not allowed to kneel and bending down low is extremely difficult. I use a helping hand handy grip (see:www.helpinghand.co.uk) for picking up things off the floor.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top